Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: UTSA students vote down athletics and transportation fee proposals

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    People need to move on. All of the shit talking between alumni, students and athletes is only going to make it more difficult next time. It also doesn't help with the quest to win over the student's support for athletics.

This is not how hearts and minds are won over. The whole process has been a complete disaster.
    The best thing the administration can do from this is to learn from it. Use this as market research and see what direction to go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FD2004 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 965 Posts

Sure they can learn from it but we hire these people knowing that they can get the job done. What I am waiting to see is how the rebound from this. What's their next plan of action. It's got to be soon. Like text Todd said it was amateur hour big time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    Sure they can learn from it but we hire these people knowing that they can get the job done. What I am waiting to see is how the rebound from this. What's their next plan of action. It's got to be soon. Like text Todd said it was amateur hour big time.
    there is no "next plan of action" and the reason for that is because this was not a plan or an action that was put forth by the university administration or by the athletics administration that is why it failed and that is why it was a poor idea to start with

no one that cares about the long term future of the university academically or the athletics specifically should want or expect that a new president that has been on the job for 5 and a half months after taking over from a guy that was in the position for 18 years to immediately concentrate on athletics much less come up with a plan for athletics that revolves around immediately asking the students to pay higher fees

all the more when you have a new AD that has been on the job about 4.5 months and that took over for someone that was also in their position for 18 years

while athletics is important as a window to the university UTSA has a number of things that require much greater attention and that are much more important for the long term success of ALL aspects of the university than passing a student fee increase of a dollar and change with no plan on how to spend it and no message on why it is needed other than "mo money"

if UTSA athletics cannot continue to have success or improve athletically in the CUSA with the current budget for at least another year or two or without a few more dollars from students NOW then one should question the long term viability of the program in general even with those extra dollars

there was no imperative to pass that increase now especially with no plan in place for the money and with the two keep people involved in that planning having only been on the job for less than 6 months and with one of them having much greater things to focus on at the start of hie tenure

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,363 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mac290 View Post
    Can this guy's shit posts be deleted? I understand he is doing a bit, but the shit is unreadable.
    You have to put your sarcasm glasses on to be able to understand his posts.
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine