Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: UTSA students vote down athletics and transportation fee proposals

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUTSA1999 View Post
    I know I’m not the first to think of this, but if an nfl team would build a stadium in San Marcos it would be half way between Austin and San Antonio. If you combine those TV media areas and metro areas we’d be pushing 4.5 million people. (San Antonio #24 @ 2.4M + Austin # 31 @ 2M). The new area would be in the #11, 12, oe 13 range. Easily able to support an NFL team.
    Screw San Marcos... New Braunfels. LOL

P.S. sorry for the Casey-esque double post.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to textodd For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 Times in 2,257 Posts

I know Im not the first to think of this, but if an nfl team would build a stadium in San Marcos it would be half way between Austin and San Antonio. If you combine those TV media areas and metro areas wed be pushing 4.5 million people. (San Antonio #24 @ 2.4M + Austin # 31 @ 2M). The new area would be in the #11, 12, oe 13 range. Easily able to support an NFL team.
    I would be down with this setup. I can get to that area a lot faster than downtown San Antonio.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    Screw San Marcos... New Braunfels. LOL

P.S. sorry for the Casey-esque double post.
    You missed by about 5 posts in a row, including 3 pics of your cars or your 3 homes and oh by the way... You words were actually intelligible....

You are no PJ my friend.... Don't flatter yourself ;P

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,126 Posts

I know Im not the first to think of this, but if an nfl team would build a stadium in San Marcos it would be half way between Austin and San Antonio. If you combine those TV media areas and metro areas wed be pushing 4.5 million people. (San Antonio #24 @ 2.4M + Austin # 31 @ 2M). The new area would be in the #11, 12, oe 13 range. Easily able to support an NFL team.
    This has been brought up many times in the past two decades. This would work if the NFL would fully fund a stadium but in the past they only given out loans for a percentage of the cost. Atlanta, Minnesota used government funds, Santa Clara took out a loan from three banks to cover construction costs.

So between the three locations, which one funds the stadium? Alamodome is out of date and NFL would prefer to have it's own stadium than be second to a college team,

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    Like I said, no longer guaranteed. That's all I said. And single A ball would draw about the same as the Missions... because right or wrong, deserved or not, SA doesn't give a shit about minor leagues any more. That's just the reality.
    You're original statement "we have no Triple-A team coming in either" when in fact they are with no guarantees for a new stadium. You stated, it's no longer guaranteed because the "community/city's lack of commitment to build a Triple-A ballpark" and from what was in print in early January, it appears something quietly is in the works behinds the scenes, something Hardberger couldn't do, refusing to keep his mouth shut in courting the Saints.

In terms of the city's reaction to a new AAA team, or any minor league team, I won't debate that. It's eh. But judging from the Bragg piece, whether citizens "give a shit about minor leagues", attendance is now a secondary concern - "baseball is a means to an end", he wrote. This is an anchor for revitalization.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    You're original statement "we have no Triple-A team coming in either" when in fact they are with no guarantees for a new stadium. You stated, it's no longer guaranteed because the "community/city's lack of commitment to build a Triple-A ballpark" and from what was in print in early January, it appears something quietly is in the works behinds the scenes, something Hardberger couldn't do, refusing to keep his mouth shut in courting the Saints.

In terms of the city's reaction to a new AAA team, or any minor league team, I won't debate that. It's eh. But judging from the Bragg piece, whether citizens "give a shit about minor leagues", attendance is now a secondary concern - "baseball is a means to an end", he wrote. This is an anchor for revitalization.

Good catch. Sorry. I did leave out the word "guaranteed" in my original post. My bad.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 614 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    This has been brought up many times in the past two decades. This would work if the NFL would fully fund a stadium but in the past they only given out loans for a percentage of the cost. Atlanta, Minnesota used government funds, Santa Clara took out a loan from three banks to cover construction costs.

So between the three locations, which one funds the stadium? Alamodome is out of date and NFL would prefer to have it's own stadium than be second to a college team,
    What ever county the stadium is in, unless they build it literally on the Bexar County / Comal county or on the county line of comal and hays.