Thread: 2018 basketball recruits

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Default 2018 basketball recruits

To some of you this is old news, but Adokeye Iyaye is the latest signee for the class of 2018. As of today, the team will have only two scholarships to offer. The first was filled by Tamir Bynum, a 5'11" PG from Houston. Iyaye is a 6'2" from Oklahoma City.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...0&action=click

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SANCAAloyalfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,477 Times in 2,355 Posts

Love it! And holy shit are we gonna be deep at guard! It's Henson's style though, so I'm all in. We'll have Rodriguez back next year down low, and will have the OU transfer, Dante Buford there as well. They'll fill in nicely for Ramlal and Ringholt who will be departing. Adokeye Iyaye will likewise fill in nicely for Karrer who's also departing. I do think Henson is on the hunt for at least one more forward though, or maybe a center, with the two remaining scholarships.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,477 Times in 2,355 Posts

Btw, ran across this on Twitter this morning. We have 4 of the top 8 playing together right now on this team, ALL of whom were recruited by Henson just last year and this year. I like what Campos said about facilities needing to be built, but I hope she knows what we have in Henson right now, and that we MUST also fork out some money to keep him!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    Love it! And holy shit are we gonna be deep at guard! It's Henson's style though, so I'm all in. We'll have Rodriguez back next year down low, and will have the OU transfer, Dante Buford there as well. They'll fill in nicely for Ramlal and Ringholt who will be departing. Adokeye Iyaye will likewise fill in nicely for Karrer who's also departing. I do think Henson is on the hunt for at least one more forward though, or maybe a center, with the two remaining scholarships.
    As of now, the two scholarships are filled, so the staff is pretty tight lipped about anyone else being recruited in the 2018 class. However, they've extended an offer to a post player in the class of '19, 6'10" Grant Jones, from Ft. Worth. They're also scouting a local post player, who attended the UTEP game. (This was confirmed by Coach Hood.) But they have made him an offer.

There's a chance that someone will transfer, though. But for now, it's just speculation.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SANCAAloyalfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 614 Posts

Who would transfer, GW3?