Thread: Tailgating?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Default Tailgating?

A doctor at SAMMC expressed interest in tailgating at Roadrunner games, yesterday. I told him it was pretty active, but I wasn't sure what a new member had to do to get involved. Parking passes, getting a spot in the lot, etc. I know it's off season, but maybe someone can add some information that might be of help to him and others. He'll log into RowdyTalk.com.

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,111 Times in 4,049 Posts

Default Tailgating?

The ideal tailgate areas are in the Alamodome parking lots. (Lot B&C) Tailgating can be done in the "private" lots around the Alamodome as well.

To be eligible to purchase season parking passes to the Alamodome lots an individual must donate a minimum of $150 to the Roadrunner Athletic Fund (RAF). Season ticket purchases at the Charter level and above automatically have the minimum amount contributed to the RAF and are eligible to purchase season tickets.

Parking passes are for an entire season. Usually cost $120 for the entire season.

Season parking passes are typically mailed with the season tickets.

Parking in Lot B &C are first come first serve. One parking pass per parking spot.

RV spots can be purchased as well and the purchaser gets a dedicated reserved spot for the entire season.

RAF: https://raf.utsa.edu/tickets-and-par...otball-tickets

Info on ticket purchases: http://www.goutsa.com/sports/2016/1/21/Tickets.aspx
    Last edited by UTSA Paratrooper 2004; 02-02-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UTSA Paratrooper 2004 For This Useful Post:

All American
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,066 Posts

Some folks purchase more spots than they normally use. I've gotten an extra one for several seasons. There is always someone who can use it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roadrunnerconnor For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 1,781 Posts

I have an RV question. Are they allowed at all in Lot C if you buy enough passes to cover the area they're parked in? I'm thinking about buying either a small RV or maybe simply a cargo trailer for tailgating depending on the rules. I'm weighing all the options.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,111 Times in 4,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    I have an RV question. Are they allowed at all in Lot C if you buy enough passes to cover the area they're parked in? I'm thinking about buying either a small RV or maybe simply a cargo trailer for tailgating depending on the rules. I'm weighing all the options.
    Yes. There is a group in Lot B with a huge RV and they do this.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UTSA Paratrooper 2004 For This Useful Post: