Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Signing Day event

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory93 View Post
    I drank gallons again tonight after listening to coach... Damn that man can motivate. I could listen go him talk for hours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I walked away thinking the same!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to runnerengineer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,133 Posts

First Look: UTSA Quarterback Cordale Grundy

Signing day has come and gone, UTSA signed two quarterbacks in their search for Dalton Sturm's replacement. The Roadrunners brought in Cordale Grundy a JC transfer NE Oklahoma A&M or NEOA&M if you're like into brevity man. We thought we'd take a look at him on tape to see what we can see.

Link: https://swcroundup.com/news/2018/2/7...cordale-grundy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    First Look: UTSA Quarterback Cordale Grundy

Signing day has come and gone, UTSA signed two quarterbacks in their search for Dalton Sturm's replacement. The Roadrunners brought in Cordale Grundy a JC transfer NE Oklahoma A&M or NEOA&M if you're like into brevity man. We thought we'd take a look at him on tape to see what we can see.

Link: https://swcroundup.com/news/2018/2/7...cordale-grundy
    Sounds like he's Baby Randall Cunningham

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
    I saw a reference to Willie Allen visiting UTSA. He has offers from all the biggies, but if FW worked his magic and got him to sign on as a Roadrunner, it would be a huge help for the OL. He would have to sit out a year, though.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/willie-allen-announces-intent-transfer-lsu

Not sure if this has been posted. Willie Allen has signed with LA Tech. Bummer!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,783 Posts

Why do I feel like a bunch of other CUSA teams have had much better off-seasons than UTSA?
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    Why do I feel like a bunch of other CUSA teams have had much better off-seasons than UTSA?
    The A.D. transition plus the slow OC replacement coupled with other teams having higher ranked classes than us. It doesn't feel like we have made any big leaps this offseason but just a retooling of an underperforming program.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    The A.D. transition plus the slow OC replacement coupled with other teams having higher ranked classes than us. It doesn't feel like we have made any big leaps this offseason but just a retooling of an underperforming program.
    Like I said right after the season, the honeymoon is over in my opinion. FW over-performed in his first year, then underperformed in the second. Now it's time to see what kind of team he can really produce. Anything less than 6-6 and this program is in disarray... and 6-6 is gonna be tough to get this year.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 842 Posts

Like I said right after the season, the honeymoon is over in my opinion. FW over-performed in his first year, then underperformed in the second. Now it's time to see what kind of team he can really produce. Anything less than 6-6 and this program is in disarray... and 6-6 is gonna be tough to get this year.
    I'm wanting a 9 win season so bad....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,261 Posts

Back in my "team naysayer" days, I said I would give Frank Wilson 3 years before returning to my old ways. If we finish year 3 with a 6-6 record, I am breaking out my old naysayer gear and setting shit on fire.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Since Casey isn't around, I'll take over his stance for a single post in regards to Frank Harris. If Harris has the moxie to understand and perform at the D1 level, and if he wins the starting job, I think his running ability will compensate enough for other team deficiencies and inexperience to give the Roadrunners a solid chance to have a winning season in 2018.

Is Frank Wilson's head on the chopping block if they don't make it to a bowl game? This is the first year that his recruits will see action. A lot of talented, but inexperienced, 3-stars will be going against three P5 schools to open the season. This, and a new offensive scheme, yet to be learned, is not predictive of success. I don't think he should or will be labeled as a failure if we don't have a winning season in 2018. But I'm hoping for an 8-4 or better season!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldTimer For This Useful Post: