Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reaction on RT, Regardless of Who Is Selected as new OC.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beaks Rising View Post
    Alright yíall win. Stuff is awesome.
    "Seriously? I just asked for your list. I never said that the stay would be a lost cause, just stating until now meh. But, if you get hurt because everyone doesnít pile on and celebrate your opinion, thatís ridiculous. You taking my position then mis- characterize it by an extreme left field response of dumping the team. Sorry if you feel threatened by an opinion thatís different than yours"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory93 View Post
    "Seriously? I just asked for your list. I never said that the stay would be a lost cause, just stating until now meh. But, if you get hurt because everyone doesn’t pile on and celebrate your opinion, that’s ridiculous. You taking my position then mis- characterize it by an extreme left field response of dumping the team. Sorry if you feel threatened by an opinion that’s different than yours"

Your right, the whole exercise of evaluation, accessing, forecasting and accountability is just mean, divisive and hurtful. I’m not hurt as you suppose, but rather tired of trying to explain the same over and over. Just going to be #gocory and #anotheramazingmove and focus energy elsewhere that is productive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaks Rising View Post
    Your right, the whole exercise of evaluation, accessing, forecasting and accountability is just mean, divisive and hurtful. Iím not hurt as you suppose, but rather tired of trying to explain the same over and over. Just going to be #gocory and #anotheramazingmove and focus energy elsewhere that is productive
    Calme BR.... You vastly misconstrue... I'm not Team Eighmy.. Team Campos or shit... For that matter Team Wilson until we start dominating our conference... I AM team Henson and that is based completely upon what he's done with that team in a short while.

My whole point in all of this is and has been I think fairly consistently... Let the processes play out. We got a 2nd year going on 3rd year head coach.. A president that's only been on the job for what... 4.5 months and an AD that hasn't even started. Let's see where things are in a year or two.

You obviously have some management experience in your job... If you got hired in your line of business as a manager and 4.5 months into your tenure people were looking to fire you because in their minds you hadn't produced significant results, would you think you had gotten a fair shake and had enough time to implement your vision?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

I still think that FW was a great hire and just hasn't won the close games ....with the changing the OC I think we will should be okay next year.
    With the coaching staff and recruiting...and transfers we are way ahead of where we would have been with Coker.
    I dont think we would we have been to a bowl game already....just my .02 cents

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 2,335 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Early Bird View Post
    There is an aura of acceptance of mediocrity now where there once was an anything's possible future under Hickey.
    I don't think there's a single regular on RowdyTalk who accepts mediocrity. Nothing I've heard from anyone I've met, and nothing I've read from anyone who posts here regularly, would lead me to believe they're fine with our university being a footnote, whether academically or athletically. There are people on here who may be characterized as realists, but I honestly can't think of a single person on here who would be fine with our school, and the value of their degree for that matter, being mediocre.

One of the main points of contention, especially with regard to all these threads talking about our new president and athletic director, is that some of you seem to expect things to happen overnight. Most of us will say Lynn Hickey is a hard act to follow, and I agree. But understand that she was at UTSA for 18 years! Campos barely even has her foot in the door, and wolves are already on the hunt. ALL of us want better facilities, better coaches, better academics, better this, better that, etc. These things take time and a helluva lot of money though.

And for those on here who are so quick to speak highly of Lynn, and so quick to question/criticize Campos, we've had baseball for 25 years now, and are still playing on what can best be described as a high school field, where visiting team announcers actually sit on bleachers in front of the press box. What has Lynn done about that? We've had basketball for 36 years, the last 18 of which were also on Lynn's watch. What has she done about our basketball arena? I like the Park West idea, but it frankly could've been much better if it wouldn't have fragmented our campus by putting it a couple miles down the highway. So that project only gets a C from me. Lynn did many wonderful things for our school, and I was on Team Lynn from the outset. But the strides we made under her leadership all took time, and some facilities that needed help didn't really get much during the nearly 2 decades she was with us.

Btw, are any of you privy to a timeline of accomplishments of some sort for when L.H. first took office, or President Romo? I'm asking that out of genuine curiosity because I haven't come across anything like that yet. But given the quick attacks on our new leadership, it would certainly be an interesting thing to look at, especially their first year in office.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    I don't think there's a single regular on RowdyTalk who accepts mediocrity. Nothing I've heard from anyone I've met, nor nothing I've read from anyone who posts here regularly, would lead me to believe they're fine with our university being a footnote, whether academically or athletically. There are people on here who may be characterized as realists, but I honestly can't think of a single person on here who would be fine with our school, and the value of their degree for that matter, being mediocre.

One of the main points of contention, especially with regard to all these threads talking about our new president and our new athletic director, is that some of you seem to expect things to happen overnight. Most of us will say Lynn Hickey is a hard act to follow. But understand that she was at UTSA for 18 years! Campos barely even has her foot in the door, and wolves are already on the hunt. ALL of us want better facilities, better coaches, better academics, better this, better that, etc. These things take time and a helluva lot of money though.

And for those on here who are so quick to speak highly of Lynn, and so quick to question/criticize Campos, we've had baseball for 25 years now, and are still playing on what can best be described as a high school field, where visiting team announcers actually sit on bleachers in front of the press box. What has Lynn done about that? We've had basketball for 36 years, the last 18 of which were also on Lynn's watch. What has she done about our basketball arena? I like the Park West idea, but it frankly could've been much better if it wouldn't have fragmented our campus by putting it a couple miles down the highway. So that project only gets a C from me. Lynn did many wonderful things for our school, and I was on Team Lynn from the outset. But the strides we made under her leadership all took time, and some facilities that needed help didn't really get much during the nearly 2 decades she was with us.

Btw, are any of you privy to a timeline of accomplishments of some sort for when L.H. first took office, or President Romo? I'm asking that out of genuine curiosity because I haven't come across anything like that yet. But given the quick attacks on our new leadership, it would certainly be an interesting thing to look at, especially their first year in office.
    This... All damn day, every day.

All American
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,087 Posts

From what is known, Hickey started the idea of UTSA football in 2000, so the quest to bring football was an 11 year endeavor and more likely took UTSA's focus away from any efforts to improve facilities currently in use.

Few cared about UTSA Athletics prior to Hickey's arrival, the state of the program was poor. However, once people saw UTSA was serious about football did San Antonio began to pay attention. Now with football leading the way, there is an awareness to improve facilities all around and I'm hopeful it will be done sooner than later, but at Volkmar stated, it takes time and lots of money.

In regards to Park West, I did a Google maps search between distances from Park West to the nearest point of UTSA (University Oaks). It's 2.2 miles, approx. the same distance many universities have from their dorms rooms to the football stadium. UCF is less, about 1.6, A&M is about 2. Walking distance, for those who are curious, it's approximately the same distance from Broadway and Mulberry to the entrance at Alamo Stadium (passing the S.A. Zoo).

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FD2004 For This Useful Post: