Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dec 2017 Early Signees

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,968 Times in 2,221 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Beak View Post
    They weren't a p5 school at the time (there was no such thing). They were in the Big East.
    They were part of an AQ Conference which is the same thing as a P5. AQ and Non-AQ became P5 and G5 after the end of the BCS.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 956 Posts

Ya we definitely need to hit on some 4*'s. It's great getting exposure from Morgan & a potential 1st round pick in Davenport. That could change a lot of things. A 1st round draft pick at D line, a great D line coach & a great defensive team. More positives the better. But when kids visit they want to see facilities & how they're going to live.

We are still very young & the non invite for a bowl just shows you. But that would all be offset by Davenport going in the 1st round. They would talk about our school & coaches. We need exposure here & a full solid season. It's been brutal the last 4 years. We have not had a good season yet. This year the offense was awful & defense was great, same thing last year & years before.

The program needs a breakout season & thats yet to happen. Once it does we will start to see 4*'s come here. But that will definitely be helped by adding facilities & on campus improvements.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    Ya we definitely need to hit on some 4*'s. It's great getting exposure from Morgan & a potential 1st round pick in Davenport. That could change a lot of things. A 1st round draft pick at D line, a great D line coach & a great defensive team. More positives the better. But when kids visit they want to see facilities & how they're going to live.

We are still very young & the non invite for a bowl just shows you. But that would all be offset by Davenport going in the 1st round. They would talk about our school & coaches. We need exposure here & a full solid season. It's been brutal the last 4 years. We have not had a good season yet. This year the offense was awful & defense was great, same thing last year & years before.

The program needs a breakout season & thats yet to happen. Once it does we will start to see 4*'s come here. But that will definitely be helped by adding facilities & on campus improvements.
    All well and good about Davenport, Morgan and the defense, but after watching the Armed Forces Bowl, thinking it should be us and Army .... sheesh! I might to go into therapy to get over the UNT game. This is the one loss that sticks in my mind when I think of why we weren't invited.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
    All well and good about Davenport, Morgan and the defense, but after watching the Armed Forces Bowl, thinking it should be us and Army .... sheesh! I might to go into therapy to get over the UNT game. This is the one loss that sticks in my mind when I think of why we weren't invited.
    Yea I agree. We had a lot of chances. That was the worst loss in our history so far. We should have rescheduled a game too, that was a major mistake too.

Thanks

Question! Can a student athlete, after signing their LOI, and let’s say the HC decides to leave. If they have not enrolled in school yet, are they still binded to the LOI they signed or could they change their mind and go to another school?

BIRD CALL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 787 Posts

A little off topic because he's a 2019 grad prospect but since this is the most popular recent recruiting thread, thought I'd stick it here...

6'6" 235? As a junior? And appears to have pretty damn good hands and above average speed for a kid that big...

https://twitter.com/UTSARivals/statu...16?share=other

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,968 Times in 2,221 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by italianrunner View Post
    Question! Can a student athlete, after signing their LOI, and letís say the HC decides to leave. If they have not enrolled in school yet, are they still binded to the LOI they signed or could they change their mind and go to another school?
    The student is still obligated to the university that they signed their LOI with even if the coach leaves. This is happens all of the time.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory93 View Post
    A little off topic because he's a 2019 grad prospect but since this is the most popular recent recruiting thread, thought I'd stick it here...

6'6" 235? As a junior? And appears to have pretty damn good hands and above average speed for a kid that big...

https://twitter.com/UTSARivals/statu...16?share=other

Videos would have been from sophomore year in high school! I think Coach Wilson will have to do a lot of sweet talking to get him; kid might be 6'8" by the time he graduates. I bet he plays basketball, also. Whatever. Worth the effort, and UTSA is the first to make an offer. That goes a long way with some of the kids.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldTimer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,430 Times in 2,335 Posts

Word is Manny Harris might be going to UTEP.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 Times in 787 Posts

Wow... Just saw Chuck Miketinic on KABB this morning say that Brendan BRADY (RB, Steele) decomitted from Rice and has reopened his commitment. Apparently he was impressed with what UTSA had to say and even got a personal call from Leonard Fournette supporting FW as a coach and mentor.

Man, that would be a huge flip if we landed him...

https://247sports.com/Player/Brenden-Brady-94702

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post: