Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Conference Championship Game - UNT vs. FAU

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    Taggart or Fuente are the likely hires at FSU.
    Ive heard Strong too

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    I wonder if FSU goes after Lane or Lame has one more year in CUSA
    There’s a lot of schools needing coaches but I think most will pass on Kiffin this year. They’ll wait to see if he can repeat the success next year. If they do as well or better next year the big schools will be in a bidding war for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,848 Times in 2,163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUTSA1999 View Post
    There’s a lot of schools needing coaches but I think most will pass on Kiffin this year. They’ll wait to see if he can repeat the success next year. If they do as well or better next year the big schools will be in a bidding war for him.
    They are probably waiting to see if he is a changed man too. Based on his Twitter trolling I am going to say he is not.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    They are probably waiting to see if he is a changed man too. Based on his Twitter trolling I am going to say he is not.
    Kiffin is Twitter gold. Him and Leach are on a Twitter level of no other football coach. His tweet of Saban in ripped up skinny jeans had me rolling. I follow both purely for the entertainment value.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Migser31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 538 Posts

Even if P5s won't touch him I don't see why Lane wouldn't leave for someone like UCF.

Thanks

I would respect and admire a successful mid-major head coach refusing a lot of $$$ and an invite to coach a P5 school. In the case of Jimbo Fisher, I'm surprised he walked away from Florida State to coach Texas A&M. He didn't walk away from Florida International. Or Florida Tech. He walked away from the FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES. I would dare to say Florida State's football program rivals that of Texas A&M, both in terms of success and tradition.

Be that as it may, obviously $$$ won out in the end, and Fisher will head off to Aggieland. Good luck. After all, all those big-time ranching billionaire Aggie grads need their armchair football glory. Far be it for Kevin Sumlin to stand in the way of that.
    A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.

All American
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runner-man View Post
    I would respect and admire a successful mid-major head coach refusing a lot of $$$ and an invite to coach a P5 school. In the case of Jimbo Fisher, I'm surprised he walked away from Florida State to coach Texas A&M. He didn't walk away from Florida International. Or Florida Tech. He walked away from the FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES. I would dare to say Florida State's football program rivals that of Texas A&M, both in terms of success and tradition.

Be that as it may, obviously $$$ won out in the end, and Fisher will head off to Aggieland. Good luck. After all, all those big-time ranching billionaire Aggie grads need their armchair football glory. Far be it for Kevin Sumlin to stand in the way of that.
    FSU did alot for Fisher, meeting his facility requests, Fisher was 6-6 this year. He goes 6-6 next year or has less than 8-10 wins, he's on the hot seat and his stock goes down.

They wanted loyalty from Fisher who left for the money but now FSU just hired a mercenary.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runner-man View Post

I would say that FSU was a lot more successful and had an easier path to success being in the ACC (only Miami (just starting this year) & Clemson)...Bobby Bowden was there for 30+ years..
    They have 3 national titles ....and have been to at least 6 championship games all in the (90's - Present) Texas A&M has never been in the national championship talks...without Manziel since 1990 ....their biggest bowl win is the Holiday Bowl....so expectations at Texas A&M are lower and he has alot of time (10 years - 75 million)....its a gauntlet (LSU, Auburn, Alabama) every year

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    FSU did alot for Fisher, meeting his facility requests, Fisher was 6-6 this year. He goes 6-6 next year or has less than 8-10 wins, he's on the hot seat and his stock goes down.

They wanted loyalty from Fisher who left for the money but now FSU just hired a mercenary.
    Yep agreed...with the QB going down this year it sent their season in a downward spiral.....and his stock would have gone down and he wouldn't have been able to get a comparable job...