Default Underdog Dynasty: MISSING: UTSA offense, cash reward if returned

UTSA Roadrunners seek to claim bowl eligibility against reborn UAB Blazers
    MISSING: UTSA offense, cash reward if returned
    by Jared Kalmus Nov 10, 2017

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/conf...n-dalton-sturm

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,588 Times in 2,534 Posts

This is what UAB does and what we do not do...If we did, we'd see a much better result.

"The Blazers have reached bowl eligibility by playing sound football on both sides of the ball."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Straight burn from Jared....but so true...about our Missing UTSA offense, cash reward if returned.
    He is projecting a loss this week....I hope UAB just totally shits the bed.

All Conference
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 863 Posts

That line stood out. I would have added the word 'broken' reading these snippets:

UTSA is down to their third and fourth string at guard and a true freshman is being asked to play considerable minutes at left tackle. Naturally such turmoil in the trenches leads to mental miscues but the Roadrunner simply aren’t getting much push across the board, giving the running backs little space to wiggle through.

Quarterback Dalton Sturm has done all you can ask to hold this offense together but with defenders constantly in his face and receivers failing to find open grass, Sturm’s heroics just haven’t been enough.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FD2004 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    That line stood out. I would have added the word 'broken' reading these snippets:

UTSA is down to their third and fourth string at guard and a true freshman is being asked to play considerable minutes at left tackle. Naturally such turmoil in the trenches leads to mental miscues but the Roadrunner simply arenít getting much push across the board, giving the running backs little space to wiggle through.

Quarterback Dalton Sturm has done all you can ask to hold this offense together but with defenders constantly in his face and receivers failing to find open grass, Sturmís heroics just havenít been enough.
    Exactly... No mention of offensive line woes on UAB's side, so unless the writer is biased...or ill imformed, I'm assuming UAB hasn't suffered the kind of O line attrition we have.

More and more of these types of articles and factoids I read the more I'm coming to realize that O line depth that I lamented 8 weeks ago is coming back to bite us in the ass. I really wonder what our team would look like if our two deep had stayed healthy to this point. Not an excuse for our coaching staff not being able to adapt and scheme a bit to overcome these trench shortfalls but at some point... If you just don't have to hosses to make it happen where knuckles are dragging ground.... I don't care how creative you scheme... It's going to get ugly real fast.

It's like our season was a perfect storm... Beat Baylor with our starters... Beat FCS team and weak FBS team as big uglies start to fall.... But the minute we hit CUSA play... Those lost starters start to rear their head against this year's "class" of CUSA. it all makes sense... You can get by against shit teams with patchwork oline... But against the quality teams... Eventually... That shit is going to bite you in the ass... We are keeping these games close, probably mostly due to our defense.... But we just can't get both legs over the hurdle with an O line that is struggling to stay upright. I bet if our trench dogs had stayed healthy all this time... Even two deep st every position those loss game would have looked much different... Wouldn't have come down to last minute play or untimely turnover on kickoff bullshit...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post: