Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: UTSA MEN'S BASKETBALL 2017

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,747 Posts

I actually agree with Casey for a change. Campos needs to come in knowing she has some floundering money sports with potential and needs to quickly set the ship right with some bold moves. We can't rely on Track & Field or even baseball success to sustain things. UTSA fans need a win right now, whether that's on the field/court or in the facilities area, it needs to happen quickly.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to textodd For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 590 Posts

We rely on the 3 too much. We shot 8 of 28 for 28.6%. Coach needs to tighten the reigns on that shit. Wallace went 1 for 6. He was doing good but sucked ass the last few games. Jackson is our only consistent player.

they shot 9 of 20, 45%. On a positive note, we improved our free throws.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 Times in 789 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUTSA1999 View Post
    We rely on the 3 too much. We shot 8 of 28 for 28.6%. Coach needs to tighten the reigns on that shit. Wallace went 1 for 6. He was doing good but sucked ass the last few games. Jackson is our only consistent player.

they shot 9 of 20, 45%. On a positive note, we improved our free throws.
    And man.. Lisle disappeared again. Wonder what's going on with him. Allen struggled too it looks like.

Strange because I was worried about our defense and our rebounding but 2nd loss in a row we out rebounded our opponent and we held FAU under 40% shooting. Not sure why our shooting has abandoned us, especially at home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    I actually agree with Casey for a change. Campos needs to come in knowing she has some floundering money sports with potential and needs to quickly set the ship right with some bold moves. We can't rely on Track & Field or even baseball success to sustain things. UTSA fans need a win right now, whether that's on the field/court or in the facilities area, it needs to happen quickly.

Money post

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 988 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    Money post
    Lineup is not the problem. People thinking this are looking at stats only and not play and matchups.

The team was off in la la land today. If you were there you definitely heard Coach Henson during that timeout for the injury. He had been calling sets on the defensive side and the team was not listening or just not executing.

Jackson scores great in the second half but lacks any intensity and ball.control in the first half. Wallace is just plain forcing things. Seems to want to do his own thing on offense instead of letting the plays work to him.

Nick was off nut got some touch fouls called in a stretch that seemed to take him out. Lyle was out of it today

Still a young team and a building year. If anyone expects more from this team they are just delirious. Things are getting better and the future looks bright.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Following 'Runners Athletics Blogging

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmfdavid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmfdavid View Post
    Lineup is not the problem. People thinking this are looking at stats only and not play and matchups.

The team was off in la la land today. If you were there you definitely heard Coach Henson during that timeout for the injury. He had been calling sets on the defensive side and the team was not listening or just not executing.

Jackson scores great in the second half but lacks any intensity and ball.control in the first half. Wallace is just plain forcing things. Seems to want to do his own thing on offense instead of letting the plays work to him.

Nick was off nut got some touch fouls called in a stretch that seemed to take him out. Lyle was out of it today

Still a young team and a building year. If anyone expects more from this team they are just delirious. Things are getting better and the future looks bright.

Like I said, both money sports with potential, but floundering. Whether that's due to youth or other factors really doesn't matter & reeks of people making excuses. Having hope & then being let down year after year takes a bigger toll than having no expectations and I never want to get to the point where I don't have decent expectations for our teams.
    If you copy posts from these forums and publish them publicly, out of context on the Internet to trash someone, don't be a pussy & hide behind an anonymous identity.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmfdavid View Post

Its just not 1 game. If it wasn't for a buzzer beater against La Tech we would be 1-5 in conference, La Tech is in last place too.. The excuses are getting old. Sooner or later we need to win. It hasn't happened & while it hasn't happened for us, other teams are improving. Teams that you wouldn't expect to win are improving, we have poor facilities & a consistently poor team. We have a few tough upcoming games & if we don't win some we will be close to last & miss the conference tournament. I don't want to get to the point where the basketball program is just going through the motions. That's where it seems it could be heading. I really like Coach Henson & think he's done some good things, but in the end all that matters is wins & losses. Let's hope we turn this around the 2nd part of the season. I see the potential & like a few young guys. Hopefully they put it all together.