Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting with RAF

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 964 Posts

Default Meeting with RAF

I have a set up a meeting next week with the RAF Director. Can anyone think of anything they would like to have addressed or answered? Any other things or ideas you may have. It looks like I'm meeting with 3 people but she's 2nd in a Chain.

I have plenty of ideas , this is all stemming from the Helmet on the Russilo show.

IMG_7651

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P Casey For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 4,054 Posts

What are you meeting for?
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 615 Posts

Take your checkbook.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JasonUTSA1999 For This Useful Post:

All American
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,066 Posts

Do they have ability to contact the people who don't show in the 50 yard line area. Maybe they could get a pop Warner team to enjoy those seats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to roadrunnerconnor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 964 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunnerconnor View Post
    Do they have ability to contact the people who don't show in the 50 yard line area. Maybe they could get a pop Warner team to enjoy those seats.
    Thats a good idea. I hate seeing those open seats.

or give them to the burn unit at BAMC

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P Casey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 833 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    Thats a good idea. I hate seeing those open seats.

or give them to the burn unit at BAMC
    Btw... Don't even get me fucking started on our lack of investment in our military community. For us to be "Military City USA", stands should be filled with Soldiers Airmen and Seamen (don't) evert effin game. Pisses me off...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cory93 View Post
    Btw... Don't even get me fucking started on our lack of investment in our military community. For us to be "Military City USA", stands should be filled with Soldiers Airmen and Seamen (don't) evert effin game. Pisses me off...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How do you feel about it?
    We should be united in our uncertainty, not divided over fabricated certainty.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey PCasey and Cory93, In regards to the military appreciation, maybe we can get some inspiration from what the Patriots did Sunday night vs the Falcons:

https://www.google.com/amp/patriotsw...s-tickets/amp/

The Patriots let our soldiers have also a all full access pass to all the behind the scenes regarding the team! It could be a good start! ...

BIRDS UP!!!

BIRD CALL

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to italianrunner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac290 View Post
    How do you feel about it?
    I'm sorting it out with my therapist... ;)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by italianrunner View Post
    Hey PCasey and Cory93, In regards to the military appreciation, maybe we can get some inspiration from what the Patriots did Sunday night vs the Falcons:

https://www.google.com/amp/patriotsw...s-tickets/amp/

The Patriots let our soldiers have also a all full access pass to all the behind the scenes regarding the team! It could be a good start! ...

BIRDS UP!!!
    They've done the Seats for Soldiers promo for a few years and we've donated 4 seats each time.....it's a good gesture, but if you go back and look at the threads regarding this promo, the issue I've had is....where are they? Those military appreciation games where the seats for soldiers were purchased, you don't see the military members...and I'm not bringing this up because I'm going all conspiracy theorist and think the AD is lying and just taking those seats and counting them as attendance/profit, but because I think they should do a better job of specifically recognizing those folks. They do the whole salute to service with SOSA playing each Service's song and ask active/retired of each service to stand and be recognized, but what I was hoping for was a specific recognition of the seats for soldiers folks.

Ideally, I was hoping this promo was for airman or trainees in uniform so they truly stood out and it was obvious who the military members were, but I recognize that the promo may be tapping into folks who are at BAMC rehabbing, or just "regular" service folks enlisted/officers that are serving and that don't have to wear their uniforms (like trainees would) out in public and of course, I'm fine with that too....just think if you are going to run a promo designed to really honor our service folks, draw more attention to that specific group so that in future years, you get more and more investment in it.

I don't pretend to know how things work with regard to tickets and UTSA's control over there. I don't know if they can gift tickets to organizations or if ultimately someone has to pay for them. I don't know if the AD was to gift a block of 500-1000 tickets to trainees and wounded warriors each home game if that comes out of their profit somehow, and if it did, would they be able to file that as a donation for tax breaks, etc.....my point is..with as much military as we have in this town, I would like to see more presence at the game and not just on Military Appreciation day. Every home game should be military appreciation day as much influence as the military has on this community...and hey, we might just make a few life long fans out of them along the way..especially those that are going to be here a while, or are from places that don't really have a college team to root for.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory93 For This Useful Post: