Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Jefferson - Baylor

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    From what I've read about Coach Wilson prior to the 2016 season starting, Wilson will be that father figure for Jefferson (as he was to Coach Henderson). That's Wilson's reputation going back to his New Orleans coaching days. I'd like to hear Jefferson's comments on why UTSA.

On a playing time note: Would Jefferson be eligible for this season since he did not play at all in 2016?
    I was thinking about that a few minutes ago. Where are my NCAA gurus that can look this info up?
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 821 Posts

The article made it sound like he was finishing up his degree at Baylor, which would make him a graduate transfer and eligible to play immediately.
    UTSA Class of '11 --- @DarrellEW --- @RowdyReport --- RowdyReport.com --- r/UTSARoadrunners

All American
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,024 Posts

The article stated "Currently Johnny has a full time job as a waiter at Crickets, and has begun to work out again with a personal trainer to get back into football. He will begin classes again at Baylor this summer to complete his degree."

I'm assuming he hasn't received his Bachelor's and is working towards one - unless a Bachelor's degree from Baylor guarantees a grad a full time waiters gig at Crickets.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,713 Posts

If he isn't a grad transfer & from reading the rules, it appears that he may have to get a Family Hardship Waiver in order to play immediately. If he does, he may actually have 2 years of eligibility since he sat out last year unless he's up against the 5-year time limit rule.
    Win or go home... I don't give a f*** about moral victories!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by textodd View Post
    If he isn't a grad transfer & from reading the rules, it appears that he may have to get a Family Hardship Waiver in order to play immediately. If he does, he may actually have 2 years of eligibility since he sat out last year unless he's up against the 5-year time limit rule.
    He red shirted in 2013, played 2014/15 and sat out in 2016. A hardship transfer is unlikely since, at least in part, his sitting out in 2016 was likely due to drug abuse. I read one situation where an athlete had had two deaths in his family, and applied for a transfer with immediate eligibility in order to be closer to his family. His request was denied.

With the 5 year rule, he has to complete his eligibility in the 2017 season. Therefore, if he is seriously considering a transfer to UTSA, it almost has to be as a graduate transfer.

"Division I five-year clock
    : If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldTimer For This Useful Post:

Junior Varsity Fearthepecker'06's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

He's definitely versatile on the YouTube clip below. Hopefully his transfer goes through without any problems. Baylor fans are either calling UTSA cream puffs/cupcakes/easy win along with Liberty or a tough game with a loss and a marquee win for us. Some Baylor fans are saying our O'line won't compliment Johnny and his talents, rendering him useless. My cousin played football for Baylor and he's an arrogant sob. Hopefully Johnny is available to help humble the bears on 9/9. Some fans think they'll get 11 wins, others are modest with 5 wins. I hope they at least lose to UTSA. Run'em

https://youtu.be/wk66A_4dWV4

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170424_121559.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	3370
    Last edited by Fearthepecker'06; 04-24-2017 at 12:17 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearthepecker'06 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,860 Times in 2,168 Posts

Fuck Baylor it's an immoral institution. Their program is about to slide back into obscurity as it should. Actually it should have been shutdown but that's another story.

Baylor will be our best chance for a P5 win.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 881 Posts

They'll be soft coming into our game. We'll be battle-hardened after hopefully beating Houston again. I foresee a good game for us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,967 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    They'll be soft coming into our game. We'll be battle-hardened after hopefully beating Houston again. I foresee a good game for us.
    Trust me, if we pull off the upset of uh, they definitely will not be overlooking us.
    Win or go home... I don't give a f*** about moral victories!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to textodd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How many years of eligibility does he have left?

BIRD CALL