Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UTSA vs. Texas Tech

Team Captain UTSA Accounting '98's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

So here's what's funny about this weekend. My son is going to Texas Tech and tracks the baseball team religiously. The win on Saturday let him know that his old man's Alma Mater is nothing to mess with. But he told me that Sunday would be a different story and Tech would surely beat the crap out of UTSA................because it's Kids Day at the park and Tech will do it for the children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

We both had a good laugh.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UTSA Accounting '98 For This Useful Post:

Junior Varsity
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

To my misfortune I was only able to stream the Friday and Sunday games. I am sad that I didn't get to see the win but Friday could have easily gone our way. We had a couple of poor base running errors on Friday by two different players that were costly. The sad part is these mistakes shouldn't happen with an experienced high school player let a lone a D1 College player and it may have cost us the series. On Sunday things seemed to be going fine and then two bad throws by the SS hurt us. I sure would like to see Pickering back at SS on days he won't pitch and at 2nd base when he does pitch. He is way too good of a fielder to be on 1st. The other thing that stood out to me is after the 2nd inning or so the hitters became really tentative at the plate. I am used to seeing them be aggressive and they just stopped being themselves. I'm not sure why but overall I think the team took big strides against Tech. Outside of Sunday the starting pitching looked good and the bullpen was strong.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roadrunner95 For This Useful Post:

Junior Varsity
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

I am sure EVERYONE from Tech thought they would steamroll the Runners. I will be honest and admit I didn't expect the Saturday game to go our way. The series could have easily went to the Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Accounting '98 View Post
    So here's what's funny about this weekend. My son is going to Texas Tech and tracks the baseball team religiously. The win on Saturday let him know that his old man's Alma Mater is nothing to mess with. But he told me that Sunday would be a different story and Tech would surely beat the crap out of UTSA................because it's Kids Day at the park and Tech will do it for the children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

We both had a good laugh.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roadrunner95 For This Useful Post: