Thread: City Council approves $830M bond package to include Hemisfair, UTSA projects

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,150 Posts

Default City Council approves $830M bond package to include Hemisfair, UTSA projects

The bond package also includes $10 million for a new athletics center planned for the University of Texas at San Antonio’s Park West sports complex that is already home to a soccer and track stadiums that were developed for the Roadrunners and for local, national and international event organizers.

The new center would include team showers, bathrooms, changing rooms, locker rooms, meeting rooms, coaches’ offices, a weight and conditioning room, and medical training areas. It would complement the existing stadiums, which currently offer only temporary support facilities with no running water.

“It’s critical to helping complete a complex that has been important to the entire city,” UTSA Athletics Director Lynn Hickey told me from told me from NCAAmeetings in Nashville. “It will certainly also help us grow our athletic programs. This will really help us complete the purpose of that complex.”

Even if voters approve the project in May, UTSA will still need to raise an additional $25 million to develop the new center.

“We will continue doing what we are doing now — fundraising,” Hickey added. “This (bond money) will give us a jump start.”
    http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...iness+Journal)
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UTSAMarineVet09 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 821 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post

Wish they had allocated a bit more money but still a very good thing

From Boston, Massachusetts now in Houston
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 824 Posts

this is something I would make project specific donation for.

I hope they make it big, so it can handle other sports that move to Park West in the Future.

ULL has a nice sports complex that I have seen in person, and it is not right next to campus like Park West is for us.