Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chartering a Bus if we end up in New Mexico

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Default Chartering a Bus if we end up in New Mexico

***PARKING UPDATE 12/12****
    Looking out for us, UTSA PD has updated our parking location to Brakenridge Ave Lot 3 (BRK3). It is closer to campus. Arrival 7:30 and Departure at 8am remain the same.

Directions: Coming off I-10, take UTSA BLVD until you hit Barshop Blvd and take right. Continue around the circle to the entrance on your Right. The lot is on the NorthWest corner of Barshop and Brackenridge. It is indicated by the Purple 5 on the attached Map. https://www.utsa.edu/campusservices/Docs/Park-Trans_Map.pdf

UTSA-Park-Trans_Map.pdf

Another updated info sheet. (12/5)

Bird Gang,

Thank you so much for joining us on this historical and awesome road trip to our Roadrunners' first bowl ever! Below are some details that will come in handy for our trip.

BUS
    We will be chartering a 56 passenger bus. The bus will be equipped with WiFi (we have been told there is a chance the bus will not have wifi), a few TV screens, power outlets, and a restroom. Our departure is scheduled for Friday, December 16th at 8AM putting us in Albuquerque hopefully by 7PM. Cost is $140 per rider, and that can be sent through PayPal to tailgateSA@gmail.com if you haven't already done so. It's super important we have everyone's payments by Monday, December 5th AT THE LATEST as we have to pay for the bus in full on Tuesday.

We will have room for a few coolers which we will provide. We will also be providing a boxed lunch from Jason’s Deli, please refer to the attached “Lunch” file (this will be included in final email that we send later this week). Please be sure to bring any snacks or beverages you would like since we won't be stopping too much. We will only be making 2 or 3 stops to fill up on gas and use restrooms and grab snacks. The bus DOES allow alcohol but DOES NOT allow glass containers of any kind on board and Scott with Freetail Brewing Company has graciously donated beer to our bus.

We are hoping to be able to park in one of the UTSA parking lots but we will for sure let everyone know when we confirm this. Please arrive at 7:30AM Friday so we can load your stuff and get everyone situated in a timely manner and leave by 8AM.

For our departure on Sunday, December 18th we will be leaving the hotel at 7AM to be back in San Antonio hopefully by 6PM. Again, please be downstairs and ready to go at 6:30AM so we can get loaded and situated in a timely manner.

HOTEL
    We've done a group block of rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque Airport located at 1920 Yale Blvd. SE. You can call 1(800) 321-2211 and reference "Bird Gang Room Block" or you may use this link ---> HERE to reserve your room online.

OUR ROOM BLOCK IS OFFICIALLY FULL

You must reserve on or by Friday, December 9th, afterwards they will release any remaining rooms and they will be priced at normal rates.

GAME
    The game is scheduled for a 12PM kick off time at University Stadium located at 1414 University Blvd SE. Everyone will be responsible for obtaining their own tickets, but we strongly suggest purchasing them through UTSA so the school retains that revenue.

If you are staying at the Courtyard hotel with us, we will have the bus take us to the stadium. Please be ready to leave the hotel at 7:30AM. If you do not want to leave that early in the morning the stadium is conveniently located within walking distance.

Again, thanks for joining us and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask either Matthew or myself. #BirdsUp

Mandy & Matthew

PAYMENTS RECEIVED

Cory93 (2 Seats Total)
    RowdyAlum (2 Seats Total)
    IanMcLendon (2 seats Total)
    lonestar.utse.edu & LakeDude (4 seats total)
    RunnerEngineer
    JB79
    RaiderRunner
    Marco2010
    El Dirtybird (3 Seats Total)

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MattyV For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattyV View Post
    I am only planning to charter a bus if we end up in the New Mexico Bowl. There aren't any plans to set up a chartered bus for any other bowl games. I have a bus quote on hold that I will reserve if we are confirmed for the New Mexico Bowl AND we have 40 confirmed riders on the bus.

With flights to ABQ from SA nearing 550 bucks roundtrip, the wife and I have decided to see if we can get enough interest in a chartered bus for the New Mexico Bowl.

Details

- 50 Passenger Bus chartered through US Coachways
    - We will need 40 passengers to make this happen.
    - Cost will be $140 a passenger for the round trip. You must pay immediately upon the announcement that we are going to New Mexico. I will have a 3 day window to pay for the bus after I confirm the reservation. I will be at the Bowl Announcement Party Sunday night. We will know our destination prior to then.
    - The plan is to leave San Antonio at 8am Friday the 16th and leave ABQ on Sunday at 7am. I don't know exactly where we will park and ride. If anyone has any suggestions they are very much appreciated.
    - The bus will be available to us on Saturday for travel to and from the game. We will be taking tailgating equipment, but have yet to look into purchasing tailgate passes. They do have an overnight tailgate lot that I will look into soon.
    - You will need to purchase your own game ticket(s).
    - I am looking to reserve a block of rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott near the Airport. Prices currently are $60 per night. Every rider will be responsible for calling to reserve and pay for their own room(s).
    - Bus will have a restroom
    - We will be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages on the bus.
    - Kids welcome but be aware that adults will be drinking and celebrating a bowl trip.
    I would be interested.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

I would be interested as well....

Also there is Uber in ABQ....in case anyone was looking to get away for dinner/post game....since its noon kickoff on Saturday.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonestar.utsa.edu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar.utsa.edu View Post
    I would be interested as well....

Also there is Uber in ABQ....in case anyone was looking to get away for dinner/post game....since its noon kickoff on Saturday.
    Awesome. Shoot me a DM with your party size and email address. I'm gonna send out some more info tomorrow to those claiming seats.

Thanks

We are up to 27 of 40 seats claimed right now. Once we get to 40 I can put folks on a "waiting list" to take spots of those that back out or are unable to pay first thing Sunday.

Reminder that we need payment for all riders to be paid as soon as the bowl is announced to be in New Mexico. We will have 3 days from when I confirm the booking to pay the balance in full.

Paypal or payment in person are the two options. I will be at the coaches show on Sunday evening, and we should know the destination prior to that. So if you want to bring the cash with you to the show that is perfect.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MattyV For This Useful Post:

U Surrender and lose 100% aram450's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Count me in. Getting pumped. I just saw CBS Bowl projection that we may play Air Force!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aram450 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

35 seats claimed. If interest is there we may consider pushing this to the bigger 50 passenger bus.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattyV View Post
    35 seats claimed. If interest is there we may consider pushing this to the bigger 50 passenger bus.
    MattyV - count me in for 1seat

13. The Following User Says Thank You to runnerengineer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

36 of 50 seats have been reserved. Please get at me if you are in to join us.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We have 25 rooms blocked off for our bus group. 60 a night for a king room. 80 a night for a room with 2 queen beds. Will send info on reserving once we have a full bus.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MattyV For This Useful Post: