Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: 2016 Volleyball

              
   
   
   
  1. #11
    All American forerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,608
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,308
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 891 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverFA View Post
    Woah just an exhibition but still. Those Chinese women (Junior Women's National Team) can play. 14-x, 20-x, 16-x
    We got Dong'd. Did you see how tall they were?

  2. #12
    Team Captain quicksilverFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    914
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 549 Times in 281 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    We got Dong'd. Did you see how tall they were?
    Lol no but I can imagine

  3. #13
    Head Coach Volkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,724
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    5,071
    Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,360 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    We got Dong'd. Did you see how tall they were?


    Our ladies face #3 Texas tomorrow night at 7pm in Austin. The game will be on the Longhorn Network for those of us who can't make it.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:


  5. #14
    Run 'Em!
    UTSA Paratrooper 2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    11,932
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    12,473
    Thanked 9,127 Times in 4,057 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverFA View Post
    Woah just an exhibition but still. Those Chinese women (Junior Women's National Team) can play. 14-x, 20-x, 16-x
    Anybody know how our ladies felt about the exhibition game?
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

  6. #15
    All Conference
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    1,343
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 723 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    Lost to the horns 3-0. Service errors doomed the runners.

  7. #16
    All American forerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,608
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,308
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 891 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Runner View Post
    Lost to the horns 3-0. Service errors doomed the runners.
    But honestly,

    25-27, 23-25, 21-25

    I can't even be mad...

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to forerunner For This Useful Post:


  9. #17
    Run 'Em!
    UTSA Paratrooper 2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    11,932
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    12,473
    Thanked 9,127 Times in 4,057 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    But honestly,

    25-27, 23-25, 21-25

    I can't even be mad...
    Agreed.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

  10. #18
    All Conference
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    1,343
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 723 Times in 362 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    But honestly,

    25-27, 23-25, 21-25

    I can't even be mad...
    Who's mad? I thought the runners played well but some service errors at critical points were costly. Either the horns aren't as great as their ranking or the runners are pretty damn good. I think the latter is more of an accurate portrayal of their skill. If they can just cut down on unforced errors then this team will be headed to the tourney without a doubt.

    If Dajana's 19 year old sister could have played with the runners instead of going pro and playing with the Serbian Olympic team (silver medalist), this team would be unstoppable.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to El Runner For This Useful Post:


  12. #19
    All American forerunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,608
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,308
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 891 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Runner View Post
    Who's mad? I thought the runners played well but some service errors at critical points were costly. Either the horns aren't as great as their ranking or the runners are pretty damn good. I think the latter is more of an accurate portrayal of their skill. If they can just cut down on unforced errors then this team will be headed to the tourney without a doubt.

    If Dajana's 19 year old sister could have played with the runners instead of going pro and playing with the Serbian Olympic team (silver medalist), this team would be unstoppable.
    "I can't even be mad" is an expression. It doesn't refer to what you posted. Sorry for the confusion.

    I was saying we lost but the prognosis for the season is looking good. :)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to forerunner For This Useful Post:


  14. #20
    Head Coach Volkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,724
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    5,071
    Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,360 Posts

    Default

    Proud of our ladies. We gave 'em a tussle. It's a shame it'll go down as a 3-0 sweep considering how close every game was, because I believe the only thing the computer rankings will reflect will be 3-0.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •