Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outsiders prospective

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Default Outsiders prospective

I have no ties with the University of Texas at San Antonio. With that being said, I love college baseball. So on Sunday I got to choose between going to UT to watch them play Stanford or go watch UTSA play McNeese State. I decided to go watch UT and Stanford.

If UTSA had a much nicer facility, I think that might have changed my decision to go watch UTSA. Why pay $7 to watch a game at Roadrunner Field if I can pay $8 and watch a game at a minor league stadium atmosphere in Austin.

Just letting you know, there are ppl out there that won't attend a UTSA game because of that sad excuse of a major Division 1 baseball facility.

Better get it figured out quick!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,629 Times in 2,042 Posts

Thanks for considering us, and we're well aware, and understand why you chose the other game. You however are not aware of our financial situation, and the reason we don't have a better facility yet. So I'll just close by saying our AD is currently looking at plans to refurbish and expand our stadium for $10 Million. And btw, it's "perspective".

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,282 Times in 3,340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntoneviaIndiana View Post
    I have no ties with the University of Texas at San Antonio. With that being said, I love college baseball. So on Sunday I got to choose between going to UT to watch them play Stanford or go watch UTSA play McNeese State. I decided to go watch UT and Stanford.

If UTSA had a much nicer facility, I think that might have changed my decision to go watch UTSA. Why pay $7 to watch a game at Roadrunner Field if I can pay $8 and watch a game at a minor league stadium atmosphere in Austin.

Just letting you know, there are ppl out there that won't attend a UTSA game because of that sad excuse of a major Division 1 baseball facility.

Thanks for taking the time to give your honest opinion.

We hope to improve soon.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to give your honest opinion.

We hope to improve soon.
    No problem. Funny thing is UTSA was reason I moved here. Student manager at another D-1 school and we played here at UTSA for a 4 game series. Beautiful campus, beautiful setup as far as backdrop of field, but concourse wise just bad.

Hope they get it figured out!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SanAntoneviaIndiana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Since "No Shit!" is a little terse and too short, I'll leave to the Dude.

Name:  the Dude.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  76.1 KB

We're fixing it, and since I've spent more on a crappy drink at a crappy restaurant, I'm perfectly fine dropping my $7.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 783 Posts

Thanks for your input. We're getting there, slowly but surely.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to forerunner For This Useful Post:

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 993 Posts

If UTSA had a much nicer facility, I think that might have changed my decision to go watch UTSA. Why pay $7 to watch a game at Roadrunner Field if I can drive an hour and a half, be stuck in traffic for another 30 minutes and pay $8 and watch a game at a minor league stadium atmosphere in Austin.

FIFY
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post
    FIFY
    Well smart ass, I live in Schertz. I left at 9 am. Drove to Waffle House (which was delicious) Finished breakfast, drove around Austin for a little bit (which I love how fucked up that city is) then went to game. Left game around 3:30. Got home around 5. Not that bad.

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 993 Posts

Well smart ass, I live in Schertz. I left at 9 am. Drove to Waffle House (which was delicious) Finished breakfast, drove around Austin for a little bit (which I love how fucked up that city is) then went to game. Left game around 3:30. Got home around 5. Not that bad.
    dont have to get your panties in a bunch.
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Thanks

Waffle House? Did someone say Waffle House? Where??? And, I too live in Schertz but don't think MarineVet is being a smartass. I have a toll tag just for the specific reason of driving around and avoiding that festering shithole of traffic that is Austin, I'd rather pay the $16'ish to go around. I would think his stated timing in the FIFY comment as an accurate assumption.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Migser31 For This Useful Post: