Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Convo

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,327 Times in 3,359 Posts

I always seem to have a good time at the basketball games at the Convo.

The court and hoops appear to be in good shape.

The spirt squads and SOSA are always motivated.

The "skits" and other games are mildly entertaining.

But...

All this talk about a new basketball arena is on the verge of ridiculous.

We can't even come close the filling the Convo.

There's no reason to even consider it until it's necessary because we are constantly over flowing and cash is rolling in.

I'm extremely thankful for the fans and season ticket holders that make so many games.

But there is little to no excitement created by the fans.

Very few throw Birds Up during free throws.

Almost no one but the band chant during the fight song.

Most don't yell, scream or cheer unless we're winning.

Demanding a new arena from your home will not work. We have to make a new arena inevitable by our participation.

Recruits have to be lured in by what they see when they visit. They have to know that the fans will be cheering for them, yelling, being loud and creating excitement at every game for any opponent no matter what the score.

That's not happening now.

Thank god we all have a right express our opinions.

Here's my opinion, shut the fuck up about the Convo until you start making a few games and get rowdy from tipoff to final buzzer. (And throw your fucking Birds Up during free throws.)
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to UTSA Paratrooper 2004 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Sorry but the convo is well below standards for college basketball. We will struggle to compete in our conference with poor facilities and the majority of people see the convo as a joke. Maybe a few people here and there enjoy it but in the overall scheme of things it's not good for our school or the future of athletics. I don't know people's ages but the way young adults are today the convo will be a major turnoff. This in turn affects our recruiting & then our potential along with the perception of our school. There should be no argument whether to work towards new facilities, it should be welcomed & is a must to improve our athletics & school perception. We want new facilities, new buildings, a better campus or we will fall behind.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P Casey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Now we have 2 good players leaving. This is not good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to P Casey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
    I always seem to have a good time at the basketball games at the Convo.

The court and hoops appear to be in good shape.

The spirt squads and SOSA are always motivated.

The "skits" and other games are mildly entertaining.

But...

All this talk about a new basketball arena is on the verge of ridiculous.

We can't even come close the filling the Convo.

There's no reason to even consider it until it's necessary because we are constantly over flowing and cash is rolling in.

I'm extremely thankful for the fans and season ticket holders that make so many games.

But there is little to no excitement created by the fans.

Very few throw Birds Up during free throws.

Almost no one but the band chant during the fight song.

Most don't yell, scream or cheer unless we're winning.

Demanding a new arena from your home will not work. We have to make a new arena inevitable by our participation.

Recruits have to be lured in by what they see when they visit. They have to know that the fans will be cheering for them, yelling, being loud and creating excitement at every game for any opponent no matter what the score.

That's not happening now.

Thank god we all have a right express our opinions.

Here's my opinion, shut the fuck up about the Convo until you start making a few games and get rowdy from tipoff to final buzzer. (And throw your fucking Birds Up during free throws.)
    In other words: SHOW UP, PUT UP or SHUT THE FUCK UP! .... BUT no matter what ALWAYS BIRDS UP!!!

HOLLAAAAAA!!!! ��������������

BIRD CALL

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to italianrunner For This Useful Post:

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
    Now we have 2 good players leaving. This is not good
    Damn CONVO! Is all its fault! ☕️🐸

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UTSAMarineVet09 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post
    Damn CONVO! Is all its fault! ☕️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb af.

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
    And step up to the plate with a financial contribution!

My wife and I are St. Mary's undergrads and our only affiliation to UTSA is my wife's masters program and our proximity to the university geographicly via residence and workplace. When football was announced, we wanted to be involved and signed up for season tickets the first year with our kids. We've doubled our initial first year 4 ticket purchase and our now bringing friends with us to the games.

I give some money to UTSA and it's sad that my paltry giving level is high in the athletics program donor list. I know the university is still on its relative infancy, but that shouldn't be happening by an "outsider".

Coming from a smaller private university where most get a scholarship funded by donations of some sort, we were educated that it's important to give back. I'm guessing that giving back wasn't a core message to UTSA students and graduates like it was at St. Mary's.

So I see issues on the message to grads about giving back (I think), but please don't complain about something unless you're ready to take action for change yourself.

That first action for UTSA, a university truly on an upward slope, and something I'm very proud to say I'm now a part of, is giving money to enact change.

Give today, and give often if you can.

(writing may have been influenced by beer consumption at oyster bake while wating for kids to return from a food-on-a-stick run)

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JMags For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,327 Times in 3,359 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMags View Post
    And step up to the plate with a financial contribution!

My wife and I are St. Mary's undergrads and our only affiliation to UTSA is my wife's masters program and our proximity to the university geographicly via residence and workplace. When football was announced, we wanted to be involved and signed up for season tickets the first year with our kids. We've doubled our initial first year 4 ticket purchase and our now bringing friends with us to the games.

I give some money to UTSA and it's sad that my paltry giving level is high in the athletics program donor list. I know the university is still on its relative infancy, but that shouldn't be happening by an "outsider".

Coming from a smaller private university where most get a scholarship funded by donations of some sort, we were educated that it's important to give back. I'm guessing that giving back wasn't a core message to UTSA students and graduates like it was at St. Mary's.

So I see issues on the message to grads about giving back (I think), but please don't complain about something unless you're ready to take action for change yourself.

That first action for UTSA, a university truly on an upward slope, and something I'm very proud to say I'm now a part of, is giving money to enact change.

Give today, and give often if you can.

(writing may have been influenced by beer consumption at oyster bake while wating for kids to return from a food-on-a-stick run)
    Awesome.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!