Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The Convo

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    Rackspace was doing well in the past but they took too long to make the transition to the cloud space. Their stock started nose diving a couple of years ago. I think they made some attempts to partner with Amazon last year right before their buyout. A few years ago many companies were partnering up with Amazon. My previous company assigned me to work on our first AWS partnership over 4 years ago. That was when Rackspace should have tried to partner up, not now. At this point in the game, the cloud market is being fought over by a handful of tech giants with Amazon being the 800 pound gorilla in the fight.

I imagine Rackspace will survive as a company providing cloud support but their glory days are over. Obviously they have some value since they were purchased by an investment firm but that usually indicates a company will be downsizing or possibly sold off in pieces. I am sure the "Bob's" are making the rounds over at Rackspace.

great movie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FD2004 View Post
    Well, you're both right. Rackspace has acquired 8 different companies since 2007, including the recent addition of TriCore, their first acquisition since 2013. But this doesn't mean the company is well off financially, as Rackspace has had recent layoffs and, according to today's announcement of acquiring TriCore, are trying to move away from directly competing with cloud competitors. So Rackspace is looking to branch out from cloud computing and onto other services.

Rackspace is not going broke or out of business soon but are searching for other streams of revenue because they can't compete with Google.

Gotcha. Very interesting.