Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: High School Football 2015

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Migser31 View Post
    Well, if we had any Steele offers we were hoping to go see the bowl, that's not happening. They'll be playing for a state 6A II title at roughly the same time after beating up Katy Cinco Ranch 35 - 14. They were up 21 - 0 at half and Cinco Ranch got their 14 points towards the end of the fourth. Not a huge Steele fan but you can't deny their ability to be competitive year after year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    They have had a successful post season but I do think they have benefitted a bit from an easier path in Division II.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    They have had a successful post season but I do think they have benefitted a bit from an easier path in Division II.
    Well, their only loss was to the other team in division I, lake Travis, 59-56 and they had a dropped pass in the end zone as time ran out. Very, very close game that in my mind would be a toss up in a rematch. Can't say they would be in any different position if the division was reversed. I think they have the harder draw against Desoto in the next round than lake Travis does. Regardless of division, 6A is tough to make it to the finals.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,360 Posts

I guess this thread has morphed into the 2016 high school season? lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Migser31 View Post
    Well, their only loss was to the other team in division I, lake Travis, 59-56 and they had a dropped pass in the end zone as time ran out. Very, very close game that in my mind would be a toss up in a rematch. Can't say they would be in any different position if the division was reversed. I think they have the harder draw against Desoto in the next round than lake Travis does. Regardless of division, 6A is tough to make it to the finals.

Making the state playoffs is definitely tough and one hell of an accomplishment. I'm just saying the path was easier in DII this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,228 Times in 543 Posts

Watching Steele/Desoto. Valiant comeback attempt by Steele but what a stupid decision by the Steele coach to go for the two-point conversion twice. 9 point game right now, could've easily been a one possession game if the coach just kicked his PATs.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to \(ツ)/ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by \(ツ)/ View Post
    Watching Steele/Desoto. Valiant comeback attempt by Steele but what a stupid decision by the Steele coach to go for the two-point conversion twice. 9 point game right now, could've easily been a one possession game if the coach just kicked his PATs.
    This was a really good game. That bullet thrown by Shawn Robinson for a touchdown was amazing. Steele played well but Desoto was stacked with talent. I thought I heard the announcer say they had 20 Division I Commits on the team. They are probably the most talented team in the state if not the country.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,228 Times in 543 Posts

Yeah, they are always stacked. I was shocked when the graphic popped up saying this was their first state title.

Steele looked like they were going to pull it off for a while there though. They had all the momentum. The coach fucked up.