Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 11 Part 1 - Kevin is back, Periscope, Tailgating and UTSA Open Practice

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,844 Posts

Default Episode 11 Part 1 - Kevin is back, Periscope, Tailgating and UTSA Open Practice

Chris and Kevin are joined by Scotty J to talk about 2015 Tailgating and the UTSA open practice.

Season Kickoff Show - Episode 11 Part 1

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAL For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 881 Posts

Drinking coffee and waiting for Periscope "sexy time" now.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ive_BeenDrinking For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,050 Posts

Great show. Listened while I was working out at the gym....then the first 30 minutes at work.

I think the wifi/cell service issue at the Dome is a bigger issue with student attendance than the hardcore fans like us can comprehend. Constant connection to social media is part of their culture. I don't blame them. It is what it is. It's like being addicted to a slow drip morphine IV straight into the veins.

These young people can't go 3-5 minutes w/o social media interaction let alone 3-5hrs. Anyways, just my opinion.

Nothing has been set in stone regarding the cornhole tourney. I'm pretty sure MattyV and the C1 Crew (band name?) are having theirs with or without us.

I'll work on the Lot B tourney unless one of you RT guys that aren't directly involved with tailgate organization could step and take the reins. Shouldn't be hard. Just need at least 2 teams to compete for the Lot B champion. Then we can challenge Lot C. I'll discuss more in the actual thread.

Also...y'all will hear Lot B and C folks busting on each other. This is all in fun...even though for some reason the two lots of developed a slightly different atmosphere...we all respect each other's contribution to the fan experience.
    Last edited by UTSA Paratrooper 2004; 08-18-2015 at 10:23 AM.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UTSA Paratrooper 2004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
    Great show. Listened while I was working out at the gym....then the first 30 minutes at work.

I think the wifi/cell service issue at the Dome is a bigger issue with student attendance than the hardcore fans like us can comprehend. Constant connection to social media is part of their culture. I don't blame them. It is what it is. It's like being addicted to a slow drip morphine V straight into the veins.

These young people can't go 3-5 minutes w/o social media interaction let along 3-5hrs. Anyways, just my opinion.

With that being said, having the youngins blow up their Twitter and Facebook feeds during the games and tailgates could help bring more students in. As a college student you don't want to miss anything, especially a party!! I know if I were to stumble out of bed and see my buddies were drinking since 10 am I'd be pissed! hahaha

(Not sure if this point was brought up during the podcast. I'm downloading it now.)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoadRummer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 504 Posts

Great to hear RT again. Listened to all 27hrs of Ep.11 pt1 this morning. Before I head off to lunch, here what I got from pt.1.

-Worst Part of Gameday/Alamodome experience for Me: security not letting me bring in a 4ft flag pole inside the dome to carry around. That and sometimes getting questioned as to whether or not they allow me to take in a football helmet to wear around.

-is Wifi important at the Dome: YES. and now that I signed up for periscope im kinda excited to broadcast from random spots on gamedays.

-Best line of pt 1 was from CAL: "is wifi important.....it shouldn't be since students are use to not having great wifi going to UTSA"

-the WildRunner???...yep I'm sold on that terminology. #WildRunner
    UT...SA !!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 1,148 Posts

Worst part of Gameday experience: Having the promotions announcer screaming in my ear all game.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowdy's Castle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,485 Times in 2,359 Posts

Listened to both parts while getting my classroom set up today. Only comment I have to make about the first part is that I can see reserved student seating for frats and sororities possibly working at P5s. P5s generally have a substantial student representation and the percentage of students in frats and sororities run anywhere from the low 20th percentile to 30% or more of the enrollment. Those programs are also much more steeped in history and tradition, and reserved seating for such groups at P5s could even be seen as just another competition between them in terms of who is better represented, who's louder, who comes up with better game cheers, etc.

Only about 4% of UTSA's students are even in fraternities and sororities, so that's the first issue with us trying anything like that. The other issues are that we don't have nearly the same amount of support yet, and our school just isn't tradition-rich yet either. Maybe in a couple decades or more, it might be something we could revisit for a 2nd try.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 765 Posts

Default Episode 11 Part 1 - Kevin is back, Periscope, Tailgating and UTSA Open Practice

Worst part of gameday is having to pack the tailgate up. Most of the time I'm drunk while trying to pack and organize the equipment. Trying to collapse a canopy with 10-15 people under it is pretty tough too. I apologize in advanced if you're one of those that gets an aluminum bar to the head. Like Para, I don't like to miss kick-offs and some people don't have the same urgency in getting to the dome as I do. So, after a few warnings I just collapse that shit with or without people under it. All love though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PB3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 562 Posts

Cracked me up with the boat shoe/sperry nation comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Deuce For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,402 Times in 993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy's Castle View Post
    Worst part of Gameday experience: Having the promotions announcer screaming in my ear all game.
    This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Following 'Runners Athletics Blogging