Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The MLB Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 1,133 Posts

Default The MLB Thread

Besides being a huge Runners fan, I'm also a big baseball fan (and basketball fan, and hockey fan, and.....). I was looking for a thread on here to talk MLB baseball but couldn't find one. Our glorious leader recommended that I make one so I followed orders.

Anyone been paying attention to what's happening up in Toronto? They've built a really solid team and made some huge pickups at the trade deadline (Tulowitzki, Price). This is the first time in 20+ years that they've been in contention this late in the season. I'm hoping for a Houston vs. Toronto ALDS or ALCS so that I can make some games.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the 2015 season or MLB in general.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowdy's Castle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,842 Posts

I'm a Cardinals fan and I hate the Cubs. How did you end up liking Toronto?

Thanks

I grew up ~1.5 hours from Toronto. They were in their heyday while I was a kid. It was a great time to follow them. I also lived there for a couple of years before moving to San Antonio.

The Cardinals are the Spurs of MLB. They consistently win the right way and have a class organization (minus the whole hacking into the Astros database thing). It's really amazing to me how they've managed to stay playing at such a high level after losing La Russa, Pujols, Carpenter, Wainwright (for this year), among others.

BTW - You're listed as being a Braves fan in your profile.

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,108 Posts

Lets go Astros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Thanks
    Thanked 4,858 Times in 2,167 Posts

I forgot Toronto still had a team in the MLB. :p Their rise this season was unexpected, just like the Astros. Astros fan here and I will tell you it's great to have your team unexpectedly do well in a season that was supposed to be a developmental season.

I agree about the Cardinals. They just grind out wins season after season.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    I forgot Toronto still had a team in the MLB. :p
    Haha, so did half of their fanbase. 20+ years of mediocre baseball will do that. The bandwagon is filling up quickly now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAL View Post
    I'm a Cardinals fan and I hate the Cubs. How did you end up liking Toronto?
    I thought Cardinals fans only hated the Royals. Maybe that hate is reserved for citizens of St. Louis and Kansas City.

How does one end up a Cardinals fan? I could understand liking the Cubs. I was a fan during late 80's-90's Sandberg, Dawson, Sosa era. That mainly had to do with WGN broadcasting Cubs games all the time and being able to listen to the Iconic Harry Caray.

WGN was good for constant baseball games and daily morning episodes of The Bozo the Clown show.

Assistant Coach UTSAMarineVet09's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,108 Posts

I forgot Toronto still had a team in the MLB. :p Their rise this season was unexpected, just like the Astros. Astros fan here and I will tell you it's great to have your team unexpectedly do well in a season that was supposed to be a developmental season.

I agree about the Cardinals. They just grind out wins season after season.
    They weren't supposed to be this good until at least 2017, but I'll take anything after almost 10 years of mediocrity

-"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post
    They weren't supposed to be this good until at least 2017, but I'll take anything after almost 10 years of mediocrity

I've patiently waited through this rebuilding process and was anticipating the projected turnaround and didn't expect anything this season. I am more than happy with the accomplishments so far. I was somewhat doubtful of the Stros actually turning around because things were really bad the past few years. But I am a complete believer now.

The only thing that sucks is that it's been hard to watch games on TV in San Antonio this season. We have caught a few games at Minute Maid Park this season. Whenever one of my kids had a tournament in Houston we would squeeze in a game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,327 Times in 2,299 Posts

I thought Cardinals fans only hated the Royals. Maybe that hate is reserved for citizens of St. Louis and Kansas City.

How does one end up a Cardinals fan? I could understand liking the Cubs. I was a fan during late 80's-90's Sandberg, Dawson, Sosa era. That mainly had to do with WGN broadcasting Cubs games all the time and being able to listen to the Iconic Harry Caray.

WGN was good for constant baseball games and daily morning episodes of The Bozo the Clown show.
    Dude, I wasn't any more of a baseball fan then than I am now, but I remember WGN broadcasting all the Cubs games, Dave Kingman hitting all those homers (even though Wrigley Field is a pretty easy park to hit 'em in), Harry Caray, and the Bozo shows also. I turned it there every now and then just for the hell of it.