Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

FNG
    Thanks

Smile Hello Everyone!

My name is Alex, and I am an incoming Music Major at UTSA for my first year. If anyone has any information about the cheapest ways to get books, if you have books to sell me, or just have any kinds of college life tips for me, please comment back to me! I am also interested in possibly teaming up with one or a couple of people in ride sharing, to minimize on travel costs. I am located in Northwest Crossing on Culebra Road so feel free to comment with any information!

Thanks to everyone that sees this and responds! I am super excited to be a Roadrunner!

-Alex

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to alexraling For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,556 Times in 1,843 Posts

Welcome to RT. Are you part of the marching band by chance?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Welcome Alex.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexraling View Post
    My name is Alex, and I am an incoming Music Major at UTSA for my first year. If anyone has any information about the cheapest ways to get books, if you have books to sell me, or just have any kinds of college life tips for me, please comment back to me! I am also interested in possibly teaming up with one or a couple of people in ride sharing, to minimize on travel costs. I am located in Northwest Crossing on Culebra Road so feel free to comment with any information!

Thanks to everyone that sees this and responds! I am super excited to be a Roadrunner!

-Alex
    Welcome to the community, Alex. Probably not important, but Northwest Crossing runs off Tezel Road. Culebra Road veers to the west at Grissom Road and where going straight on the road that was (and still should be, imo) Culebra Road, you enter onto Tezel Road. It was all part of San Antonio's growth in the 1970s and 80s. You can get to Northwest Crossing off Culebra, though, by going through other neighborhoods. TMI?

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,040 Times in 4,019 Posts

Welcome to RT.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have bookstore advice for you as things have probably changed since I graduated in 1999...but welcome to UTSA and Rowdy Talk.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

From Boston, Massachusetts now in Houston
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 815 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexraling View Post

-Alex
    Welcome Alex, I just graduated. If you are a sports fan I can connect you with the right people to make sure you have a great UTSA athletics experience.

If you have any questions about UTSA I am happy to help.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Rowdy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 881 Posts

Welcome to RT Alex.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,337 Posts

First of all, welcome to RowdyTalk, and welcome to UTSA. As someone who graduated in '90, the best advice I can give you is to hit up Irish Rowdy who left you a message above. I mean that with all sincerity because he knows UTSA like few others and will give you a run-down on pretty much anything you'd like to know. Aside from that, he's a friendly guy and as loyal a Roadrunner as you'll find.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    First of all, welcome to RowdyTalk, and welcome to UTSA. As someone who graduated in '90, the best advice I can give you is to hit up Irish Rowdy who left you a message above. I mean that with all sincerity because he knows UTSA like few others and will give you a run-down on pretty much anything you'd like to know. Aside from that, he's a friendly guy and as loyal a Roadrunner as you'll find.
    He looks like this:

I swear I tried to stop myself from posting this. I just didn't want to try very hard.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ive_BeenDrinking For This Useful Post: