Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 275

Thread: 2016 football commits

              
   
   
   
  1. #11
    All Conference
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    1,271
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 668 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    If you check his hudl, he seems pretty athletic and fast. I can guarantee that he will be receiving other offers before too long. I trust Popovich's judgment more so than recruiting sites

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Runner For This Useful Post:


  3. #12
    All Conference
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    1,271
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 668 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Kearney just received his second offer from Tulsa.

  4. #13
    All Conference Rowdy's Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,912
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,155
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,004 Posts

    Default

    According to insiderunnersports.com, UTSA commit #3 is in.

    Jack Giblin, WR, Port Neches (expected to play TE at UTSA)

    http://247sports.com/Player/Jack-Giblin-84424

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rowdy's Castle For This Useful Post:


  6. #14
    Head Coach Volkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,268
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    4,726
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    I already know the reaction I'll get to this, but I've gotta say, UH is kicking ass and taking names in their 2016 recruiting class. Their 2016 recruiting class is currently ranked 24th in the nation. Tom Herman has had an IMMEDIATE impact on their program.

    http://houston.247sports.com/Season/...otball/Commits

    Never realized that he coached at Texas State and Rice at one point either. Been too good to stay anywhere for very long up until now. Houston signed him for 5 years and a $1.35 million/year base salary, so we'll see soon enough how all this develops.

    1998 Texas Lutheran (WR)
    1999-2000 Texas (GA)
    2001-2004 Sam Houston State (WR/ST)
    2005-2006 Texas State (OC/QB)
    2007-2008 Rice (OC/QB)
    2009-2011 Iowa State (OC/QB)
    2012-2014 Ohio State (OC/QB)
    2015 Houston (HC)

  7. #15
    Assistant Coach LRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    830
    Posts
    4,060
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,546
    Thanked 3,751 Times in 1,722 Posts

    Default

    UH is primarily benefiting from those two DT's. Their 5 star DT commit Ed Oliver's older brother joined UH last year and the brothers are locally grown. Jordan Elliott still has a lot of major P5 schools pursuing him and is still taking OVs. He is likely to flip on UH. Their current recruiting rise is more related to family ties than the new coach.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LRP For This Useful Post:


  9. #16
    Head Coach Volkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,268
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    4,726
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    UH is primarily benefiting from those two DT's. Their 5 star DT commit Ed Oliver's older brother joined UH last year and the brothers are locally grown. Jordan Elliott still has a lot of major P5 schools pursuing him and is still taking OVs. He is likely to flip on UH. Their current recruiting rise is more related to family ties than the new coach.
    That accounts for how many of their 2016 recruits exactly though? Two of seventeen? They may indeed flip, but I think you'll also find guys flipping to UH between now and then, especially if Herman pans out as the coach most are expecting him to be.

  10. #17
    Assistant Coach LRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    830
    Posts
    4,060
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,546
    Thanked 3,751 Times in 1,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    That accounts for how many of their 2016 recruits exactly though? Two of seventeen? They may indeed flip, but I think you'll also find guys flipping to UH between now and then, especially if Herman pans out as the coach most are expecting him to be.
    That accounts for their only 4 and 5 star recruits. Without those two players their recruiting wouldn't be ranked nearly as high.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

  11. #18
    Head Coach Volkmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,268
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    4,726
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 2,115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LRP View Post
    That accounts for their only 4 and 5 star recruits. Without those two players their recruiting wouldn't be ranked nearly as high.
    I just checked it out and they'd drop from #24 to #47 without those two. I'll admit that's a much bigger drop than I anticipated from a mere two players in a group of 17. They're still first in the AAC though with that ranking, and I still foresee a hike in their recruiting if they improve upon last year's 8-5 mark and Bowl win, which is quite likely.

  12. #19
    Assistant Coach LRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    830
    Posts
    4,060
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    1,546
    Thanked 3,751 Times in 1,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    I just checked it out and they'd drop from #24 to #47 without those two. I'll admit that's a much bigger drop than I anticipated from a mere two players in a group of 17. They're still first in the AAC though with that ranking, and I still foresee a hike in their recruiting if they improve upon last year's 8-5 mark and Bowl win, which is quite likely.
    Yeah, I did a similar check on that this morning because it was a major WTF moment. There had to be an outlier in there because it's the Coogs. Anyways, they are cleaning up with 3 stars which I would expect from them.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.

  13. #20
    All Conference
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    1,271
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 668 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Just got our 4th commit in 3 star DE Jarrod McLin, 6'4", 212 lbs out of Carthage HS, a former teammate of Bogie. Quick, fast, lean. Had 8 sacks and 16 TFL's. Rivals top 100 Texas football player.

  14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to El Runner For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •