Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CUSA Tournament

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 666 Posts

Rice is playing in the Houston Regional.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Runner View Post
    Baylor just let go of their long tenured coach. Do you think Marshall throws his hat in the ring? If I was him, he'll yes! Much more dinero, top notch facilities, better recruits, and Big12. What more could you ask for? I say yes that he will look into it.
    The question is, will Baylor pursue Coach Marshall? If so, I'd hate to see him go. We've been very competitive for these last three seasons, and he's done a very good job in netting good talent. But, as you mentioned, the almighty dollar, and the many benefits of a Big XII school would lure him away.

Junior Varsity
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Runner View Post
    Hartson will also leave as he will probably be drafted as is Baker who had a solid season. We got 4 pitchers, all high schoolers, coming in for next season. We had 3
    freshmen play a lot this season, Bowles, Valentine, Brookover and one
    freshmen pitcher in Kirby. The new recruits are top notch from
    what I've read. We will be ok if we can shore up our defense and find a top end closer. One of the freshman recruits, Bryan Arias, is a shortstop and has received all kinds of accolades. Also remember one of the top recruits from last year, Zach Galm, was injured and he is a very good talent. Folks the cupboard is not bare and I think Marshall is doing a good job. He just needs a bad ass closer. If we had one this year, we would have won 40 games. Future looks bright.
    I have been told Arias is coming in as a pitcher not a SS but only time will tell. The Freshman class coming in is good for sure, lets hope it is as good as the 2014 class. We have at least two good JUCO pitchers coming in next year assuming the draft doesn't nab one or more of them. Defensively assuming we stay healthy things will be fine. There are not many teams that could have been as competitive as we were this season with as many injuries as we had. We will know more about what next year has in store after the draft. I am quite sure Baker and Hartson are gone, both are ready to take a step up. It would not shocked if we lose one more underclassman. There is a rumor of one of the incoming Freshman being a possible draft candidate. I am not sure why as he was not dominate in High School at all. Hopefully his parents are involved and are getting good info.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,694 Times in 1,693 Posts

I could only find the ERA for Arias while he was playing for his HS. It's pretty good but I am more interested in his showcase pitching. His PG profile has him topping out at 89 which is the same velocity Patel is clocking in at. Both look like good prospects for the Roadrunners. Interesting side note, Arias and Patel played
    for the same organization that Valentine came from. It's nice to see UTSA picking up prospects from an organization that showcases some of the top prospects in the nation.
    Busy playing Cyberball at the Roost.