Thread: Big Games This Week

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 2,116 Posts

Default Big Games This Week

Our men will be playing at Texas State for the rubber game of our 3-game set against them on Tuesday night at 6pm. Then they travel to Houston to face Rice this weekend. The Rice games are as follows:

Friday at 6pm
    Saturday at 2pm (televised on American Sports Network)
    Sunday at 1pm

I'm gonna make those Rice games. I have a funeral to attend on Saturday morning though, so I might be late for the Saturday game. If you've never seen Rice's baseball field in person, it's nice.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn, do we have a tendency to make things too close! We were ahead of Texas State 9-0 heading into the bottom of the 4th before the cats came back and nearly stole another one from us. They cut it to 9-8 after six innings before we got one more insurance run in the 8th to make it a 10-8 final. Glad to win the season series 2-1 though.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, we went 2-2 this week. Beat State in San Marcos, and took one of three against Rice. Was good to see us win that third game against Rice by a convincing 7-1 margin. I think it's only the third time in 19 games that we've beaten Rice in baseball, and we were only two runs short of taking the series. Progress. A&M C.C. is next, followed by Southern Miss this weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Junior Varsity
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    Well, we went 2-2 this week. Beat State in San Marcos, and took one of three against Rice. Was good to see us win that third game against Rice by a convincing 7-1 margin. I think it's only the third time in 19 games that we've beaten Rice in baseball, and we were only two runs short of taking the series. Progress. A&M C.C. is next, followed by Southern Miss this weekend.
    We were a couple of routine plays from winning the series. IMO that will start to get better now as I think we will stay with the same defensive lineup (in the infield as we have seen the last four games). It may not be ideal or anywhere close to what was originally planned but it seems to be fairly solid. As Baker and Pickering get more reps as 2nd and SS they will be more comfortable. Pitching was not an issue this weekend, they all looked good. One to Southern Miss.