Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 recruits

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Demarcus Croaker officially announced that he's transferring to Murray St. He originally committed to the Racers out of high school.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

By the way, I see that James Williams is no longer on the roster. he hadn't played all season, and he didn't do much last season. With the bevy of young, talented guards that we have, he really won't be missed.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Here's the latest recruiting news: A couple of days ago, UTSA extended an offer to Maurice O'Field, a 6'5" G/SF from Midland J.C. O'Field is originally from Cleveland, and played his freshman year at East Tenn St. He is averaging 15.7ppg, 5rpg, & 3 apg. It's a long shot that he'll choose UTSA, though - he also has offers from Marquette, Ariz St, Md & Va Tech.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Maurice O'Field has committed to play at Buffalo. I'm sure making the tourney helped Bobby Hurley in getting O'Field. In addition to the above mentioned schools, O'Field also had an offer from Gonzaga, and interest from Wichita St & Baylor.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

6'4" SG Nicholas Billingsley will make an official visit to UTSA on April 9th. He is currently at N.M. Junior College. As most of you know, I'm not a fan of J.C. players. He is originally from Omaha, and has offers from Jacksonville, Ark St, Northern Colorado & Jackson St.

On another note, I'm still trying to get an update to determine if the staff is still pursuing a post player from Australia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SANCAAloyalfan For This Useful Post:

CAL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SANCAAfan View Post
    6'4" SG Nicholas Billingsley will make an official visit to UTSA on April 9th. He is currently at N.M. Junior College. As most of you know, I'm not a fan of J.C. players. He is originally from Omaha, and has offers from Jacksonville, Ark St, Northern Colorado & Jackson St.

On another note, I'm still trying to get an update to determine if the staff is still pursuing a post player from Australia.
    We like plucking the bigs from Australia, don't we? If we do, I hope he's a got some meat on his bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

O'Dowd goes to Australia at least once a year. The guy has established fantastic relationships with high school, AAU-similar and Australian national amateur coaches. That's how we got James Ringholt. Ringholt was originally committed to Portland State. Someone that O'Dowd knew told him about James. On his last trip to Australia last summer, O'Dowd contacted James, and then met with him. After meeting with O'Dowd, he de-commits from Portland St. Shortly thereafter, UTSA made the kid the offer, and within a few weeks, he accepted. I met Ringholt at the pre-season meet & greet, and he told me that he committed, by phone, without ever having been to San Antonio or UTSA. In case you're wondering, he did not know Jeromie until he got here for summer classes, last year.

There is a bevy of talent in Australia, and a lot of programs have figured that out, just in the last eight seasons, or so. I love the idea of bringing players from there. They usually are fundamentally sound, and obviously, the don't have a challenge with the language, as do many of the players who come here from most other countries.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SANCAAloyalfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 763 Posts

Default 2015 recruits

Quote Originally Posted by SANCAAfan View Post
    O'Dowd goes to Australia at least once a year. The guy has established fantastic relationships with high school, AAU-similar and Australian national amateur coaches. That's how we got James Ringholt. Ringholt was originally committed to Portland State. Someone that O'Dowd knew told him about James. On his last trip to Australia last summer, O'Dowd contacted James, and then met with him. After meeting with O'Dowd, he de-commits from Portland St. Shortly thereafter, UTSA made the kid the offer, and within a few weeks, he accepted. I met Ringholt at the pre-season meet & greet, and he told me that he committed, by phone, without never having been to San Antonio or UTSA. In case you're wondering, he did not know Jeromie until he got her for summer classes last year.

There is a bevy of talent in Australia, and a lot of programs have figured that out, just in the last eight seasons, or so. I love the idea of bringing players from there. They usually are fundamentally sound, and obviously, the don't have a challenge with the language, as do many of the players who come here from most other countries.
    Excellent info, SANCAAfan. I have nothing against Ringholt. I think he's going to develop to be a great contributor to the team. Irish and I were discussing that Ringholts frame and game has a lot more finesse than that of a normal big. What I hope we get is a true big on the offseason.

Question - does Coach T travel to meet with potential recruits?

"Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PB3 View Post
    Excellent info, SANCAAfan. I have nothing against Ringholt. I think he's going to develop to be a great contributor to the team. Irish and I were discussing that Ringholts frame and game has a lot more finesse than that of a normal big. What I hope we get is a true big on the offseason.

Question - does Coach T travel to meet with potential recruits?

Coach Thompson sometimes travels to meet with recruits, but not to Australia. He leaves that to O'Dowd.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Yesterday, UTSA extended an offer to 6'5" guard James Harrison. Harrison played this season at McLellan Community College, however he started his career at New Orleans. He is originally from Houston.

I agree, we need a solid post player, so as you can guess, I'm not the least bit interested in Harrison, or any other player that we'll have for only two years.