Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 recruits

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,644 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SANCAAfan View Post
    I got confirmation from a very good source, on Fri night, that Nick Allen was made an official offer on Friday. However, he is not academically strong, and that could be a problem.
    It's not like Brooks, or the direction that LH wants our program to go, to recruit guys who're weak in the classroom. Maybe desperate times call for desperate measures?

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

I don't know all of the specifics on his grades, but the UTSA athletic dept will work with his high school academic advisors to try to ensure that the player makes high enough grades in his core subjects to qualify. If not, the LOI will be rescinded, just like with Arroyo Edwards last summer. By the way, Nick Allen officially accepted UTSA's offer yesterday.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

One of my sources shared that the staff is pursuing two big men from Australia. Both are at least 6'8". I don't yet have names, but I have an idea of who they are. The recruiting of James Ringholt strengthened the staff's recruiting relationships down under. I'll keep you posted as the season progresses.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SANCAAloyalfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Two more guys signed national letters of intent to play for us in 2015; Nick Allen (6'7" forward) and A.J. Cockrell (6'8" forward). Holding on to them between now and next year is another matter of course, especially A.J. Cockrell.

"Nick Allen · 6-7 · 205 · Forward · Surprise, Ariz. (Willow Canyon HS)
    Plays for head coach Joshua Leon at Willow Canyon High School in Surprise, Ariz. … averaged 15 points and 4.3 rebounds as a junior and 9.7 points and 7.2 boards as a sophomore … is a three-time letterwinner and member of the varsity squad … over the summer was listed as the No. 23 prospect of 2015 in the state by The Arizona Republic… played on the AAU circuit with the Arizona Magic for coach Gino Crump … the Magic also produced Roadrunner George Matthews and former UTSA standout Jordan Sims.

A.J. Cockrell · 6-8 · 215 · Forward · Tulsa, Okla. (Memorial HS)
    Plays for head coach Robert Allison at Memorial High School in Tulsa, Okla. … ranked among the state’s top 15 prospects in the class of 2015 by OKhoops.com … opened his senior season with 20 points, 16 rebounds and six blocks in a win last week … helped lead the Chargers to back-to-back Class 5A state championships … averaged 10.9 points and 8.7 rebounds per game as a junior and earned honorable mention all-state and all-metro accolades from the Tulsa World … averaged 11.3 points during the state tournament en route to a spot on the all-tournament second-team … registered 7.6 points and 4.1 rebounds as a sophomore … also a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes."

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=209780357

Thanks

5-Star from Duke transferring out. A guy can dream, right? lol

http://duke.scout.com/story/1492205-...AABB+Marketing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 1,974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    5-Star from Duke transferring out. A guy can dream, right? lol

http://duke.scout.com/story/1492205-...AABB+Marketing
    That's a wet dream.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac290 For This Useful Post:

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Demarcus Croaker is leaving UT. I know that it's a stretch, but we might have a chance at him. He originally committed to a mid-major, Murray St. Given that we are right down the road from Austin, and we are in a much better conference than the Ohio Valley, maybe he gives us a look - just a thought.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...will-transfer/

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

With the one scholarship left to offer, a very good source has shared with me that we are still pursuing a big man from Australia. The staff is actually scouting a couple of post Aussie players, but no offer has been made.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SANCAAfan View Post
    Demarcus Croaker is leaving UT. I know that it's a stretch, but we might have a chance at him. He originally committed to a mid-major, Murray St. Given that we are right down the road from Austin, and we are in a much better conference than the Ohio Valley, maybe he gives us a look - just a thought.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...will-transfer/
    word is he has a kid in Florida and wants to transfer closer to him.

Varsity
    Sports Logo
    Thanks

Aha, so he'll most likely transfer to a school in FL. He was heavily recruited by FSU, but some mid-major could luck out & get him (UCF?).