Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTSA Football Fan Guide

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,844 Posts

Default UTSA Football Fan Guide

As the premier fan site of UTSA, I think it is somewhat our responsibility to ensure that we have the most educated fans possible. Beyond that, the latest antics I've seen (see other thread) are really pissing me off. To that end I decided to put together a little "UTSA Fan Guide" to help develop our ignorant fans. Here is what Iíve got so far; please chime in with your thoughts, changes and additions so I can make this a good one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CAL For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 957 Posts

Good stuff Cal! I only disagree with the standing rule considering I like to stand 95% of the time. Every moment is critical in my book.
    RUN'EM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Digi For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 4,054 Posts

Excellent. Unfortunate that this is necessary. But, I feel we're fortunate not to have worse problems than overzealous fans that don't know (yet) when to make noise.

Let me know when you're ready for us to tweet then link.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digi368 View Post
    Good stuff Cal! I only disagree with the standing rule considering I like to stand 95% of the time. Every moment is critical in my book.
    Explain?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 957 Posts

Well every play can change the outcome of the game. On offense I'm standing in anticipation of a breakout play. When I do occasionally take a seat it will be during offensive lulls. On defense I always stand and make noise. It’s hard to be loud while seated. When opponents are on my side of the 50, I will do even more obnoxious things like bang the chair in front of me. Basically if I wanted to sit without any semblance of emotion (like many fans) I could do that from the comfort of my couch.
    RUN'EM

Keep Calm and Runner On! DLRoze83's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

the stand vs sit debate has been going on since the dawn of sports. You are never going to get a consensus on it. I prefer to sit most of the game, except in times I designate.

My biggest reason to do it is to just be courteous. If you ever notice, there are always old people, young kids and disabled folks. They can not stand and see over the adults so it detracts from their entertainment as well. I personally feel you should do what the masses in your section do or be aware of your surroundings and be mindful for others. The game is not just your entertainment.

Just my thoughts. Not a dig at anyone, just me reasonings for the way I feel.
    - Go, Roadrunners, Go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLRoze83 View Post
    the stand vs sit debate has been going on since the dawn of sports. You are never going to get a consensus on it. I prefer to sit most of the game, except in times I designate.

My biggest reason to do it is to just be courteous. If you ever notice, there are always old people, young kids and disabled folks. They can not stand and see over the adults so it detracts from their entertainment as well. I personally feel you should do what the masses in your section do or be aware of your surroundings and be mindful for others. The game is not just your entertainment.

Just my thoughts. Not a dig at anyone, just me reasonings for the way I feel.
    Yep; I gotcha. My little ones can never see over the folks in front of them when they stand up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 615 Posts

Put something in there that doing the wave when we are losing makes us look stupid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonUTSA1999 For This Useful Post:

All Conference UTSA Accounting '98's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

I think it's appropriate to stand up for the kickoff. It's a great way to get people in your section excited about what's coming up. I don't care if we're kicking or receiving. When we're kicking the ball I stand up to yell for the guys so they can light someone on the other team up. When we're receiving I stand up to yell for Kenny Harrison when he lights up the field. They're both awesome time during the game and generally last for a short period of time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUTSA1999 View Post
    Put something in there that doing the wave when we are losing makes us look stupid.
    "Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain