Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Thread: The Pro Soccer Thread(World Cup, Champs League, MLS, NASL, etc)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Game 14 / 324', 33' ⚽⚽ Tyrpak (3)
    26' ⚽ Rivas (TUL)
    76' ⚽ Vega (2)
    CARDS 》SA 1-1 TUL

1st | 10-0-4 / 24:5 (+19) / 34 pts
    [5H 5A]-0-[3H 1A] / 13:2 H 11:3 A

vs. TUL (goals): 4-0-0 (10:3)
    '17: 3:1 HW, [Sep 30]

Last 5: HW AW (HD AD HW A-)

> San Antonio FC extended their unbeaten streak to 14 matches (10 wins, 4 draws)...with the victory, San Antonio FC has matched their win total from the entire 2016 season…SAFC has not lost at home since September 10, 2016 against Saint Louis FC
    > SAFC saw its shutout streak end tonight in the 27th minute, giving the club a final streak of 672 minutes without conceding a goal in USL play…the streak marks the second longest all-time in USL history behind the 2016 RGV Toros who played 758 minutes without allowing an opponent to score…SAFC still currently leads the league with 10 clean sheets and the conceded goal tonight was the first for the club since April 25 in Seattle
    > San Antonio FC midfielder Kris Tyrpak recorded his first brace for the club, and first since Cesar Elizondo turned the trick on April 28 in Portland…Elizondo also recorded the third and only other brace on the season on April 15 vs. Reno 1868 FC at Toyota Field…the two-goal game was the first for Tyrpak since he scored two against Whitecaps FC 2 on October 15, 2016 in the 2016 USL playoffs with Swope Park Rangers…Tyrpak has recorded three goals and two assists in 13 appearances on the season
    > SAFC forward Aly Alberto Hassan and midfielder Billy Forbes earned their first and fourth assists respectively on the night…Forbes’ four assists are the most on the club, while Hassan recorded his first since September 10, 2016 against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds while with the Charlotte Independence
    > SAFC midfielder Devin Vega scored his second goal of the season and first since April 25 in Seattle…the goal marked the San Antonio native’s first ever tally at Toyota Field in front of his hometown fans
    > SAFC defender Cyprian Hedrick made his second USL appearance (second start) for SAFC tonight…this game marked the 100th career appearance for Hedrick in USL play…The centerback made 74 appearances with OKC Energy FC from 2014-2016 after playing in 24 games with the now-defunct Phoenix FC in 2013

Match highlights (4:50)https://youtu.be/tp-Kb_D9KPgNext match:

Thanks

Thoughts on the first set of matches in the confederations cup?

For me I liked seeing Putin show but I honestly thought it was more pressure on the Russian team. Lol
    I really liked the Portugal Mexico match all of it VAR still something we're just going to have to get used to I guess.
    My surprise so far if you will is Cameroon and how they played.
    Australia putting up a fight was nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quicksilverFA For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,702 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverFA View Post
    Thoughts on the first set of matches in the confederations cup?

For me I liked seeing Putin show but I honestly thought it was more pressure on the Russian team. Lol
    I really liked the Portugal Mexico match all of it VAR still something we're just going to have to get used to I guess.
    My surprise so far if you will is Cameroon and how they played.
    Australia putting up a fight was nice
    I have no idea why, going into it, some considered Germany to be favorites. Only one player on this German Confederations Cup roster was a starter at the 2014 World Cup, and altogether, only 3 of the 23-man roster represented Germany at the World Cup, the other two being reserves. Chile, Portugal, Mexico and a couple other nations are really taking the tournament seriously, brought essentially their premier rosters, and are in it to win it. Löw is only thinking about the 2018 World Cup in Russia, and using this tournament as a way to get a look at a good number of younger players against teams like Chile, Portugal, and Mexico to see whether he might wanna promote 3 or 4 of them to the World Cup roster for next year. Yeah, Australia put up a decent fight, but mistakes by a youthful German side led to both of their goals, and as mentioned, we're looking at Germany's 3rd and 4th string out there.

As for Cameroon, athletically, they always bring talented squads, but the 2-0 score was pretty much what I expected. And I did watch that game, and didn't really see what the announcers and some others apparently saw because they talked as though the game was even. Yeah, it was still scoreless at the 80-minute mark (which is a surprise), but Chile dominated possession 66% to 34% and had twice as many shots on goal also. It just wasn't as even as some people are making it out to be, in my opinion. Chile had, I believe, 3 goals called back for offsides, and just didn't capitalize on some of their opportunities as they normally would against some other teams because of Cameroon's speed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SAFC Preview (Game 15)

San Antonio FC
    2nd | 10-0-4 / 24:5 (+19) / 34 pts
    @ Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
    6th | 5-5-5 / 25:25 / 20 pts

SA A 5-0-1 11:3 @ COS H 3-1-2 12:8
    They won their game in LA June 10, and then 11 days later, Wednesday, they played in KC against SPR and L 2:1.

vs. COS (goals): 1-1-1 (3:3)
    '17: 1:1 HD, [Sat.]

In the 14 games played, we have scored in 11. Of those, we have conceded first only one time - our previous meeting this season against COS.
    https://youtu.be/c3sDNQ5Pf_4

Thanks

I would like to see Chile and Portugal go at it.

Thanks

Game 15 / 3245'+3' ⚽ COS
    77' Card Restrepo (GK)
    Cards 》SA 0-2 COS

2nd | 10-1-4 / 24:6 (+18) / 34 pts
    [5H 5A]-[1A]-[3H 1A] / 13:2 H 11:4 A

vs. COS (goals): 1-2-1 (3:4)
    '17: 1:1 HD, 0:1 AL

Last 5: AW Jun 3:2 (HD AD HW AL)

> San Antonio FC lost their first match of the 2017 season…the loss is the first for SAFC since the club fell to the RGV FC Toros on September 24, 2016 (season finale).
    > SAFC was held scoreless for just the fourth time this season…the game also marked just the second time SAFC trailed entering halftime, with the other being the April 7th match against the Switchbacks at Toyota Field
    > San Antonio FC goalkeeper Diego Restrepo was shown the second red card for an SAFC player this season…Restrepo was sent off in the 77th minute
    > SAFC goalkeeper Lee Johnston made his USL debut, coming on following the red card in the 78th minute…Johnston made one save in 12 minutes of action
    > Speaking of firsts, 1st-place SLC got their first draw of the season tonight (12-1-1)

Match highlights (3:58):https://youtu.be/F4vfS7ISpzg
    For July:
    There is also the exhibition match of cross-town rivals (Guadalajara), Liga MX Clausura champ Chivas take on Atlas on Wed. 7.5 at Toyota Field. Then we host Liga MX Santos Laguna on Sat. 7.8.
    But also the US play a friendly vs. Ghana on the 1st and then begin their play in the Gold Cup on the 8th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverFA View Post
    I would like to see Chile and Portugal go at it.
    I'll get it.

Thanks

NASL announces new San Diego-area club for 2018, with Eden Hazard, Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye all part of ownership group
    USL also to have a Nashville team next year.