Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pro Soccer Thread(World Cup, Champs League, MLS, NASL, etc)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,002 Times in 2,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JagRunner View Post
    Dynamo!
    In MLS, I'm a Dynamo fan also. Gotta admit though, if San Antonio ever got an MLS franchise (and there's currently talk that they might at some point), I'm dropping the Dynamo and switching allegiance. Even though I live in the Houston area, I'll always be more of a San Antonio guy in terms of sports fandom. Spurs all the way! And though I might take some flack for this, at the international level, I'll always pull for Germany first and USA second because even though I'm now a US citizen, I was born there and learned German before I did English.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volkmar View Post
    In MLS, I'm a Dynamo fan also. Gotta admit though, if San Antonio ever got an MLS franchise (and there's currently talk that they might at some point), I'm dropping the Dynamo and switching allegiance. Even though I live in the Houston area, I'll always be more of a San Antonio guy in terms of sports fandom. Spurs all the way! And though I might take some flack for this, at the international level, I'll always pull for Germany first and USA second because even though I'm now a US citizen, I was born there and learned German before I did English.
    Were you born on base? Or are you a dual citizen / converted citizen? Either way I don't really fault you for pulling for the motherland. I would expect natural born Germans to root for Germany first and natural born Americans to root for the US first.

America will always & forever be first for me, no questions asked, 150%. But I was born here.

All American
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    Were you born on base? Or are you a dual citizen / converted citizen? Either way I don't really fault you for pulling for the motherland. I would expect natural born Germans to root for Germany first and natural born Americans to root for the US first.

America will always & forever be first for me, no questions asked, 150%. But I was born here.
    I root for Germany in football. I'm 100% US born. I learned the game when my father was stationed in Hanau and I was a child. I only care about US soccer because Jurgen Klinsmann is the coach.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post

Born in a German hospital, have a German birth certificate and everything...lol. I'm not a dual citizen because when I got my US citizenship in 8th grade, Germany didn't allow dual citizenship, so I had to choose. I believe they still don't. Don't regret giving up my German citizenship one bit though because I love this country. But like you said, I'll always have that part of me that pulls for the motherland when the USA and Germany go head-to-head, and regardless of sport.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Volkmar For This Useful Post:

Run 'Em!
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,648 Times in 3,855 Posts

I'm 100% Texan but I have a strong allegiance to the people of the United States because of the close relationship we've shared for awhile. I also have major respect for the US military.

UTSA Roadrunners! Run 'Em!
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to UTSA Paratrooper 2004 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
    I'm 100% Texan but I have a strong allegiance to the people of the United States because of the close relationship we've shared for awhile. I also have major respect for the US military.

UTSA Roadrunners! Run 'Em!

Thanks

Scorpions are signing some pretty impressive players for a Division 2 team. Most people on here will have never heard of their newest player, Eric Hassli, but he scored one of the goals of the year a few years back while playing in MLS.

Combine him with some of the other new signings (top D2 players and former MLS players) and I'm really starting to get excited for the season to start. Plus, I'm itching to tailgate. Tailgating Scorpion games is a nice tune-up for football season.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewtonH For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn! that was a sick goal

Thanks

Insane goal!

All American
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,034 Posts

Um, damn Scorpions! Behind the scenes conquering of the futbol world?