Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give mens baseball their own thread!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

Default Give mens baseball their own thread!

Not going to lie, if it's not football season I am not on this site much, and I know for many of you that's a good thing! I will also admit that I do not keep up with our baseball team! It's sad to say this, but the only reason I found out that we even made the NCAA's was because I was reading an article about the aggie's baseball team, and how we are in their same bracket in Oregon! That said, does anyone else think that our only playoff team should get their own tab on the home page!!?? Seems only fair, I mean our Basketball team didn't do that well this season and they get their own thread!!! What do ya'll think? No matter how they made it to the playoffs, they are there, so let's reward them with their own stand alone thread, not "other roadrunner sports"!!
    "Anyway, you know me; gotta roll, gotta birddog, gotta cross females and fences... and if you'd all just come with me, you'd see."
    Gardner Barnes, Fandango

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 881 Posts

No.

But actually it's good to see you back around, ebby! You gotta come visit more. It's been a while.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    No.

But actually it's good to see you back around, ebby! You gotta come visit more. It's been a while.
    No lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forerunner View Post
    No.

Thanks Forerunner, glad to be back, been keeping busy with my son, but back out in Fort Stockton working in the Oilfield, so had some free time on my hands! I guess I am not the best UTSA fan though, like I said earlier I am more of a football guy, so I don't get on here as much during the off season, but again I know I have my fans out there that are happy not to see me on here!! Go Runners Baseball, hope I get to check out a playoff game on ESPN!
    "Anyway, you know me; gotta roll, gotta birddog, gotta cross females and fences... and if you'd all just come with me, you'd see."
    Gardner Barnes, Fandango

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebbycalvin03 View Post
    Thanks Forrunner, glad to be back, been keeping busy with my son, but back out in Fort Stockton working in the Oilfield, so had some free time on my hands! I guess I am not the best UTSA fan though, like I said earlier I am more of a football guy, so I don't get on here as much during the off season, but again I know I have my fans out there that are happy not to see me on here!! Go Runners Baseball, hope I get to check out a playoff game on ESPN!
    I believe the game will be on ESPN3...at least the first game. Not sure about the others.

Thanks

Nice! I will try and catch the game on my laptop!
    Gardner Barnes, Fandango

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebbycalvin03 View Post
    Not going to lie, if it's not football season I am not on this site much, and I know for many of you that's a good thing! I will also admit that I do not keep up with our baseball team! It's sad to say this, but the only reason I found out that we even made the NCAA's was because I was reading an article about the aggie's baseball team, and how we are in their same bracket in Oregon! That said, does anyone else think that our only playoff team should get their own tab on the home page!!?? Seems only fair, I mean our Basketball team didn't do that well this season and they get their own thread!!! What do ya'll think? No matter how they made it to the playoffs, they are there, so let's reward them with their own stand alone thread, not "other roadrunner sports"!!

I second the motion!

Thanks

Give them their own thread? You just did that? If you meant their own forum...probably not. And they are not "our only playoff team". The women's golf team received an at-large bid to the NCAAs.

And what did you mean by "No matter how they made it to the playoffs, they are there..."? You make it sound like we got in on a technicality or because all the other teams planes broke down and didn't make the tournament. We got in because we won 10 of our last 11 and went UNDEFEATED in the WAC tournament, beating the #1 seeded other-Roadrunner team 1-0 and crushing Dallas Baptist 11-4 in the final.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,556 Times in 1,843 Posts

If it would be used I'm happy to break out UTSA Baseball into it's own forum but I'm not sure there will be a lasting interest beyond right now. What happens if they go out quickly in the NCAA tournament in a few days? Will we still talk about the baseball team? What about next season if we suck? I think right now is the peak of the interest in UTSA baseball and I'm just not sure it will stick. This place is for ya'll though so if you want it I have no problem with it.

Run 'Em!
    Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,040 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Give mens baseball their own thread!

Why not? Does it take up more storage space or clutter up the site?
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!