Thread: Bookie Tutorial

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,869 Times in 1,600 Posts

Thumbs up Bookie Tutorial

What is it?

Some of you might have noticed and some of you haven't. I installed an extra feature that athletic events already bring to us. On RT.com it is now possible to bet on any events . Not with money, but with vCash.

You may have seen the vCash in your profile and and since I'm learning how to use it I thought a tutorial and explanation of what it is and how to use it might help.

Where can I find the matches to bet on?

When you browse through the forums, you might see threads that have a dollar sign in front of the name. This means that a vBookie event is added to the thread and it's possible to bet. It is also possible to jump straight to the Bookie section which is accessible by clicking the button in the Nav Bar on the top of the page.

How does it work?

You can bet the vCash you have available in your account. When you successfully bet on the winner, you will get your earnings once the bets are settled. This can only be done by moderators and administrators. If you are unfortunate and picked the wrong team, your vCash that was used in the bet goes down the drain.

Who makes the bets?

As mentioned before, Bookie is a betting system we installed on the forum. It is just for fun and there is no real cash involved. The Bookie events are added by RT.com members when they create a thread.

Well, that sounds fun, but how do you get those odds right?

A very good question which can be easily answered. The odds should be set, when possible, based on the odds set by Vegas. Not all events have available odds, and in that case we'll figure something out. The odds include the amount you put into the bet.

Example:

When you bet on Leinster, you get 1.40 for every vDollar you bet. This means that for 250 vDollars you put on Leinster, you get 350 vDollars back.

Any questions?

Q. What happens if I go vbroke?
    A. You can't go vbroke. If you bet it all and lose, you'll find 500 vCash in your account the next day.

Q. Can vcash be donated to others?
    A. No.

Q: Can my bet(s) be reversed or negated?
    A: Once a bet is placed, it cannot be reversed.
    If you bet twice for the same team by mistake, Mods/Admins cannot go in and give the vcash for one of those bets back to you. We simply don't have the ability to do so. Please be cautious when placing your wagers and review your bets before you hit return.

Red Shirt
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks

This is weird... especially since I bet last week... but how the heck do I place a bet? LOL
    I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warcat View Post
    This is weird... especially since I bet last week... but how the heck do I place a bet? LOL
    I can't figure it out for the life of me!
    Yeah, something's not right - I got the same problem.... CAL??
    ******Feathered Sombrero Playing a Vuvuzela in Row 1, Section 133*****

Thanks
    Thanked 3,869 Times in 1,600 Posts

I think I fixed it.