Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,844 Posts

Exclamation Forum Rules

Ok folks, gather 'round and take a knee. This week we have seen some non UTSA fans come over in response to our upcoming game against SHSU. As such most of you have engaged in intelligent banter and discussion, however I feel that some of the posts have gotten a bit out of hand and I want to get us back on track.

The spirit of RT is to give UTSA fan a voice and to have a place where intelligent UTSA athletics discussion can be had as well as to spread the word that UTSA is the shit. In order to accomplish these goals we need to, in part, be able to engage our rival fans in an attempt to "show them the light". We definitely encourage rival fans here for open dialogue and if they get blasted from morning to night with nothing but unprovoked bashing there's no way they'll stick around (would you?).

With that said, this is a UTSA fan site first and foremost and UTSA pride should reign supreme. However, that doesn't mean we can't be civil to our rival fans. Now don't get me wrong, feel free to drop an F-bomb whenever you'd like, I don't give a shit. However, unless somebody comes in here being a flaming douche I don't see a good reason why they should be trampled to death with nothing more than "Fuck your mom" type chatter. Also don't get me wrong here: SMACK TALK IS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED! Just do it intelligently. If "your momma" smack is all you can run you're suddenly "that guy" and it makes us all look dumb.

So in a nutshell:

• This is a pretty loose place with very few rules and I won't change that.
    • Feel free to raise hell and continue giving our rivals shit; just do it in a somewhat civilized manner (Douche bags excepted).

I know this is my fault for not setting the expectations earlier, but I have put together a few guidelines for conduct around here that I don't think are too much to ask. I have made it so that everybody will have to read and acknowledge (click the button at the bottom) before posting just so we can get everyone on the same page.

Now back to your regular programming.

Thanks

10-4 boss. We've got to set the standard for fan sites.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 765 Posts

Agreed.
    "Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,651 Posts

Can I tell them I am going to take a pregame shit in their helmets?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac290 View Post
    Can I tell them I am going to take a pregame shit in their helmets?
    Please do.

Thanks

Although better, I have seen more unacceptable banter posted here. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take some steps to ensure the integrity of the atmosphere remains intact. First, CAL has agreed to take a more active role here (he wasn't already active here ) and take on the responsibility of ensuring that you fuckers behave. Secondly (and I'm pissed that I was forced to do this), I have deleted the more egregious content and going forward douchebaggery will be met with the same response.

Look guys, this shit isn't hard. Just like your momma told you, be respectful and treat others as you wish to be treated. Talking shit, even to each other, is a lot of fun and perfectly acceptable but you have to keep it between the lines. For fuck's sake, how would you feel if you went to another fan site and without being a douche bag were met with a bunch of assholes that just spewed vulgarity at you without any substance? Would you hang around? Fuck no. But like I said before, if some fuckhead comes walking into our house and acts a fool you have the green light to hook him up. I've seen almost nothing from the non UTSA fans that have come here that deserved some of the treatment they have received.

I really hope this is the last time I have to play the "boss" card around here because I want this place to fucking rock and it irritates the piss out of me when I have to play "policeman". Everybody put your big boy pants on and let's get it right. If I haven't been clear or forgot anything, please don't hesitate to drop me a note - I'm actually a pretty cool dude.

So in closing, fuck you very much, I'm going to get a beer.

Thanks

Now where's my pee pee slapper?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Talk View Post
    Although better, I have seen more unacceptable banter posted here. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take some steps to ensure the integrity of the atmosphere remains intact. First, CAL has agreed to take a more active role here (he wasn't already active here ) and take on the responsibility of ensuring that you fuckers behave. Secondly (and I'm pissed that I was forced to do this), I have deleted the more egregious content and going forward douchebaggery will be met with the same response.

Look guys, this shit isn't hard. Just like your momma told you, be respectful and treat others as you wish to be treated. Talking shit, even to each other, is a lot of fun and perfectly acceptable but you have to keep it between the lines. For fuck's sake, how would you feel if you went to another fan site and without being a douche bag were met with a bunch of assholes that just spewed vulgarity at you without any substance? Would you hang around? Fuck no. But like I said before, if some fuckhead comes walking into our house and acts a fool you have the green light to hook him up. I've seen almost nothing from the non UTSA fans that have come here that deserved some of the treatment they have received.

I really hope this is the last time I have to play the "boss" card around here because I want this place to fucking rock and it irritates the piss out of me when I have to play "policeman". Everybody put your big boy pants on and let's get it right. If I haven't been clear or forgot anything, please don't hesitate to drop me a note - I'm actually a pretty cool dude.

So in closing, fuck you very much, I'm going to get a beer.
    Also there should be no fucktards fucktardily fucking up this site with their fucktardation. Go back to your fucktardastic fucktardopia, fucktardo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac290 View Post
    Also there should be no fucktards fucktardily fucking up this site with their fucktardation. Go back to your fucktardastic fucktardopia, fucktardo.
    Fuckin' A.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks

To illustrate my point, this is an email I received about the shenanigans that have been going on:

I actually told my husband today that I was going to delete myself from RowdyTalk due to the 'demeanor' that I noticed. I'm glad that you are aware of how off-putting it might have been...
    I'll stick around and keep an eye on it... I'd love to share your site with other football parent types.
    Good Luck and Go Runners!