The Pro Soccer Thread(World Cup, Champs League, MLS, NASL, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volkmar
    RT Upper Echelon
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by quicksilverFA View Post
    Inferior version? This coming from a Bundesliga fan right?
    Yes. I just don't pay any mind to our soccer league here any more than I pay attention to the CFL because our NFL is clearly superior, or a German, Italian, or Spanish basketball league because they're likewise clearly inferior to the NBA. I'll occasionally see a Houston Dynamo game or something if there's nothing else to do, but it's really more of a novelty. And judging by the apparent lack of interest in this thread, it's probably that way with most.
    01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

• DarrellEW
      RT VIP
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
      Yes. I just don't pay any mind to our soccer league here any more than I pay attention to the CFL because our NFL is clearly superior, or a German, Italian, or Spanish basketball league because they're likewise clearly inferior to the NBA. I'll occasionally see a Houston Dynamo game or something if there's nothing else to do, but it's really more of a novelty. And judging by the apparent lack of interest in this thread, it's probably that way with most.
      At least for me, sports are as much about community as it is the quality of play. Watching two really good teams on TV from cities you have never even been to is an entirely different experience from going to a game in person between the city you live in (or grew up in) and a city whose sports teams you despise. That's why I follow MLS (and even USL) more closely than most other leagues.
      UTSA Class of '11 --- @DarrellEW --- @RowdyReport --- RowdyReport.com --- r/UTSARoadrunners

Comment

• quicksilverFA
        RowdyTalker
        • Sep 2014

Question: Is anybody following what's going on in the FIFA Club World Cup?
        Real Madrid goes up against Japan's J1 League champion Kashima antlers in the final on Sunday (Saturday night).

Edit: Ronaldo had a hat trick it to pull RM to 4-2 victory.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
          RowdyTalker
          • Sep 2014

The Alamodome has been named a venue for the 2017 Gold Cup.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
            RowdyTalker
            • Sep 2014

Hot damn! FCD with a 4:0 win in Leg 1 of CCL Qrtrs. + Arabe Unido didn't score any away goals. The other three quarter finals finished in tie games - 0:0 or 1:1.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
              RowdyTalker
              • Sep 2014

FCD, despite losing to Panamanian club Arabe Unido 2-1 in Panama in the second leg of the CCL quarterfinal series, advances to the tournament semifinal with a 5-2 aggregate scoreline to play Pachuca (Liga MX). 1st leg in Frisco later this month.
              The 6th MLS team to advance to semi finals. The 7th will come tonight in the Whitecaps / Red Bulls series winner.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                RowdyTalker
                • Sep 2014

Enjoy MLS 2017 opening weekend, anyone?
                Both expansion teams lost (Minnesota United with a 1-5 beatdown at Portland and a Red Bulls comeback over Atlanta United 2-1) but both of my teams won (FCD over LA 2-1 Orlando City over New York City 1-0 [sucks about Kaká but cool new Stadium])
                Just good to be back I guess.
                And good just when new sports come like baseball coming back now.

Comment

• DarrellEW
                  RT VIP
                  • Sep 2011

Big win for the Dynamo over the weekend. Most exciting team we've fielded in a very long time.
                  UTSA Class of '11 --- @DarrellEW --- @RowdyReport --- RowdyReport.com --- r/UTSARoadrunners

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                    RowdyTalker
                    • Sep 2014

And that being over the defending champions...
                    I saw that the week before Minnesota United's beatdown by Portland in their MLS debut they played San Antonio FC and lost to them as well, 0-2.. by the way their first match is Sunday 3/26

CCL semis Leg 1Leg 2 three weeks later

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                      RowdyTalker
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by quicksilverFA View Post
                      The Alamodome has been named a venue for the 2017 Gold Cup.
                      Groups and scheduling came out today for the Gold Cup.

I got post 400!
                      Interesting, Caribbean Nations Martinique and Curaçao. Way to mix it up.
                      And also French Guiana but a part of the South American continent so a mind boggle.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                        RowdyTalker
                        • Sep 2014

CCL semis leg 1 results and scheduled Leg 2

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                          RowdyTalker
                          • Sep 2014

SAFC season openerPreviously against RGV: 0-3-1 (W-L-D) in 2016 and we were outscored 7-2 in the four meetings.

USL 2017 is 30 teams (15 per conference) and the season has been extended from previously 30 games in 28 weeks to 32 games in 30 weeks (end of March to mid-October).

A few league changes are happening:
                          Reno 1868 FC is the only all new addition and they come in the West conference; Saint Louis FC has moved to the East; Two former NASL teams have joined the USL in the East (Ottawa Fury and Tampa Bay Rowdies).

In our Western Conference there are a few naming changes due to new ownership:
                          Orange County Blues FC is now Orange County SC
                          Former Arizona United FC is now Phoenix Rising FC

We will play every other team in the conference home and away for 28 games. Three teams will be played a third time for 31 (for us RGV OKC and SPR [Swope Park Rangers of KC]). Our 32nd game will be an interconference one that will be a returning team actually welcoming back our old NASL foes in the Tampa Bay Rowdies in October to Toyota Field.

Check out the USL YouTube channel or sanantoniofc.com for game broadcasts. In addition, FSSW will broadcast six games. The first not being until late May.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                            RowdyTalker
                            • Sep 2014

Game 1 / 3215' ⚽ Forbes

1-0-0 (1:0)

vs. RGV (goals): 1-3-1 (3:7)
                            '17: 1:0 AW, [Sep 23], [Oct 14]

For April

Comment

• Runners_Nation
                              Roadrunner
                              • Mar 2014

The Pro Soccer Thread(World Cup, Champs League, MLS, NASL, etc)

I've tailgated damn near every game for the last four seasons. Look for the UTSA tents in the tailgating lot. Always representing. Runners are always more than welcome to our tailgate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• CokerCola
                                Birds Up!
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
                                Volkmar, honestly, why do you care about how someone is spending their time and what they're posting . If you're not interested, simply don't open this part of the forum.

You don't watch the CFL or German, Spanish Basketball? Well, duh, because you don't live in Canada or Spain. We actually live in the United States, which might be the reason for the interest in the United Soccer League, or MLS.

We play G5 football; and inferior product to G5, so why don't you just log off, stop supporting and caring? Man, your post on here are almost always negative or bickering. You sound miserable. I've been to the World Cup in Bazil, the Bernabeu, Portuguese Liga, and Houston Dynamo games. I enjoy all levels of soccer, because I like the game. If someone else enjoys it, let them. You're not here to dictate what should and shouldn't be posted.
                                @NolanMainguy
                                "Remember the Alamodome"

Comment

Working...
                                X