• Nov 2011

Damn. That was exciting.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• textodd
      RT VIP
      • Sep 2013

Good win for the boys. We needed that one. Jackson struggled for most of the game but came through late. That shot by De Nicolao was insane!
      Win or go home. Nobody cares about moral victories in life or in sports.

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
        RT VIP
        • Oct 2011

For those keeping track, Dr. Campos was at the game. She presented a game ball to some donor, then made her rounds talking to people.

Comment

• ademendo
          Birds Up!
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by JasonUTSA1999 View Post
          For those keeping track, Dr. Campos was at the game. She presented a game ball to some donor, then made her rounds talking to people.
          I watched the game on tv and loved the halftime interview they did with her. One of the things she mentioned that she wants to work on is facilities! I believe she has said this in previous interviews as well so let’s see when she will unveil her plans!

In regards to the game, glad the runners pulled out the win but I still think they take too many unnecessary threes sometimes. Must be a team mentality thing because I’ve seen them do that in previous games as well.

Comment

• UTSAMarineVet09
            RT Legend
            • Sep 2011

It’s always good to beat fUTEP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            :salute: -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
              RT VIP
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
              Damn. That was exciting.
              yeah it was. Great crowd last night for a UTSA game. 2210 out of 2650 so close to a sellout. Probably boosted by local kid Kobe Magee friends & family, and people watching their kids do the halftime entertainment.

Originally posted by ademendo View Post
              I watched the game on tv and loved the halftime interview they did with her. One of the things she mentioned that she wants to work on is facilities! I believe she has said this in previous interviews as well so let’s see when she will unveil her plans!

In regards to the game, glad the runners pulled out the win but I still think they take too many unnecessary threes sometimes. Must be a team mentality thing because I’ve seen them do that in previous games as well.
              I recorded the game so it’s good that she realizes we need facilities and hopefully taking measures to address them. Hope the students vote for the increase. I believe it would be $1 per semester hour for the first year, then another $1/hr the following year, so eventually it would be a $2 increase compared to the current amount.

Originally posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post
              It’s always good to beat fUTEP
              Yeah we needed the win, and especially against UTEP. They still lead the all time series by a wide margin.

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
                RT VIP
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by textodd View Post
                Team making a slight comeback. Ironically, they have looked much better offensively with Jackson on the bench; much more ball movement. Runners have no answer on the defensive end so far, especially inside.
                Jackson was 1 of 9 from behind the arc, but was big at the end of the game.

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
                  RT VIP
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ademendo View Post
                  to recap, she said she got in town on Sunday. Monday was a holiday and the school was closed on Tuesday due to weather, so really first day was Wednesday. Told the staff she is going to take the first 90 days to listen and learning, getting her up to speed as quickly as possible. Meeting with the community, students, and that facilities are top of mind.

Comment

• P Casey
                    RIP
                    • Feb 2014

Well well well... who was the one who said change starting line ups?

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
                      RT VIP
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by P Casey View Post
                      And look how bad we got behind early. Took the whole game to bite, scratch, and claw to get back into it.

Comment

• dmfdavid
                        2021 Attendance Prediction Champ
                        • Jul 2013

And your point? You think that was the reason for the win?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
                        Following 'Runners Athletics Blogging

Comment

• P Casey
                          RIP
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by dmfdavid View Post
                          And your point? You think that was the reason for the win?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yup. The original lineup wasn't working, defensively & offensively.

Comment

• P Casey
                            RIP
                            • Feb 2014

And look how bad we got behind early. Took the whole game to bite, scratch, and claw to get back into it.
                            It wasn't too much to overcome obviously. The coach obviously made a decision on to do what I said and we came out victorious. What is there to argue.

Comment

• UTSAMarineVet09
                              RT Legend
                              • Sep 2011

It wasn't too much to overcome obviously. The coach obviously made a decision on to do what I said and we came out victorious. What is there to argue.
                              Could be the fact that fUTEP is atrocious this season and we only beat them by 4...

:salute: -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Comment

• P Casey
                                RIP
                                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by UTSAMarineVet09 View Post
                                Could be the fact that fUTEP is atrocious this season and we only beat them by 4...

So were the last 4 teams we played. We've lost to other teams that are worse than UTEP. According to FPI. Lastly, the bench has won or kept us in the majority of the previous games. We won this time. We didn't lose, so winning by 1 or 30 is a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X