• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • textodd
    RT VIP
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
    LATech is tied with North Texas and Alabama for #21 in the nation in fewest penalties per game. We're #108 out of 129 FBS programs in penalties. You guys don't wanna hear it, and might be quick to make excuses, but we've always had an issue with discipline from the first year of our program, as we're always towards the bottom in penalty stats.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...nt/team/697/p1
    Geez Volk, reading this thread it sounds like you'll be wearing Tech red & blue this weekend.
    They're an unsportsmanlike fanbase and program. Period.

Don't try the red-herring bull to distract from our hate.
    Win or go home. Nobody cares about moral victories in life or in sports.

Comment

• LRP
      RT Legend
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by FD2004 View Post
      That was a dirty ass play.
      Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• DarrellEW
        RT VIP
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
        LATech is tied with North Texas and Alabama for #21 in the nation in fewest penalties per game. We're #108 out of 129 FBS programs in penalties. You guys don't wanna hear it, and might be quick to make excuses, but we've always had an issue with discipline from the first year of our program, as we're always towards the bottom in penalty stats.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...nt/team/697/p1
        It would be interesting to see how many of those were for unsportsmanlike penalties vs in-game (holding, false start, PI) penalties. I feel like we have far more of the latter. Also, you can see from the video above that just because a flag isn't thrown doesn't mean your team isn't dirty.
        UTSA Class of '11 --- @DarrellEW --- @RowdyReport --- RowdyReport.com --- r/UTSARoadrunners

Comment

• Volkmar
          RT Upper Echelon
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DarrellEW View Post
          It would be interesting to see how many of those were for unsportsmanlike penalties vs in-game (holding, false start, PI) penalties. I feel like we have far more of the latter. Also, you can see from the video above that just because a flag isn't thrown doesn't mean your team isn't dirty.
          Yes it would, and I recall us having that discussion on a thread in the past as well, but they're all symptoms of the same thing. I'd be willing to bet that generally speaking, teams that get fewer holding, false start, PI penalties and so on, will also have fewer Personal Foul penalties. There are always exceptions of course, but if you're coached well enough to be disciplined on the smaller things, the bigger things generally don't show their heads.
          01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

Working...
          X