X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Irish Rowdy
    RT VIP
    • Apr 2012

Baseball season ticket holders need some loyalty points love. I understand baseball season tickets are cheaper. Give 1 point instead of the 2 points basketball season ticket holders get.

UTSA baseball needs more love.

Comment

• P Casey
      RIP
      • Feb 2014

Well we met for about 1.5 hours. There is definitely a push to have an on campus stadium & 10 years is right around the timeframe they want it to be close to having a plan in place.

the convo is also on the top of the list. Facilities at UTSA is the main priority, that and tier one.

Comment

• P Casey
        RIP
        • Feb 2014

A lot of fees and tuition is going up plus a drastic increase in donors and sponsors from the state & large companies has UTSA in a very good place with money. We are not lacking funds. I was shown some very good info & made a 7500 dollar donation to athletics.

Comment

• P Casey
          RIP
          • Feb 2014

So for those who think we don't have money you are incorrect or misinformed.

The goal is to have facilities built on campus and the use of park west is in the master plan that was created in 2017. The convo will more than likely be gone by 2025-2028.

Comment

• UTSA Para 04
            Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

Originally posted by P Casey View Post
            I was shown some very good info & made a 7500 dollar donation to athletics.
            Hot damn. Way to go.
            Run 'Em Roadrunners!
            Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• Cory93
              RT Legend
              • Sep 2012

Well we met for about 1.5 hours. There is definitely a push to have an on campus stadium & 10 years is right around the timeframe they want it to be close to having a plan in place.

the convo is also on the top of the list. Facilities at UTSA is the main priority, that and tier one.
              Now, the only question is...do they name it Casey Field, or Sturm Stadium? ;) Or maybe they'll do something like what they've done in Tuscaloosa.....Sturm-Casey Stadium....kinda rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Comment

• RoadRummer
                The Bookie
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Cory93 View Post
                Now, the only question is...do they name it Casey Field, or Sturm Stadium? ;) Or maybe they'll do something like what they've done in Tuscaloosa.....Sturm-Casey Stadium....kinda rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?
                You're thinking too small, Cory.

Casey Colosseum.

Comment

• lonestar.utsa.edu
                  RowdyTalker
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Cory93 View Post
                  yeah thats good stuff.....maybe Casey-Hickey Field

Comment

• RoadRummer
                    The Bookie
                    • Aug 2015

So for those who think we don't have money you are incorrect or misinformed.

The goal is to have facilities built on campus and the use of park west is in the master plan that was created in 2017. The convo will more than likely be gone by 2025-2028.
                    Serious question, though. Can you elaborate on the fact that we DO have money? Because a simple Google search reveals we're in the middle of the CUSA pack. Even if these figures are not up-to-date, the rankings should be pretty close.

Rank School Endowment
                    1 Rice $5.3B
                    2 UAB $423M
                    3 UNT $309M
                    4 FAU $275M
                    5 UTEP $217M
                    6 ODU $214M
                    7 Charlotte $181M
                    8 FIU $177M
                    9 UTSA $143M
                    10 WKU $125M
                    11 Southern Miss $117M
                    12 Marshall $110M
                    13 La Tech $90M
                    14 Midd Tenn XX

And these numbers pale in comparison to a shitty P5 school.

Comment

• P Casey
                      RIP
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by RoadRummer View Post
                      Serious question, though. Can you elaborate on the fact that we DO have money? Because a simple Google search reveals we're in the middle of the CUSA pack. Even if these figures are not up-to-date, the rankings should be pretty close.

Rank School Endowment
                      1 Rice $5.3B
                      2 UAB $423M
                      3 UNT $309M
                      4 FAU $275M
                      5 UTEP $217M
                      6 ODU $214M
                      7 Charlotte $181M
                      8 FIU $177M
                      9 UTSA $143M
                      10 WKU $125M
                      11 Southern Miss $117M
                      12 Marshall $110M
                      13 La Tech $90M
                      14 Midd Tenn XX

And these numbers pale in comparison to a shitty P5 school.

Its google. Plus there are various buckets that UTSA has for incoming money. It's actually pretty complex & a lot of money is not seen in a specific way. Trust me, we have a lot of dollars coming in each & every year that would surprise most.

Comment

• P Casey
                        RIP
                        • Feb 2014

The money going into the school whether throwing RAF or unanimous donations or whatever else can be shielded. Such as things like Rrick Pitinos salary wasn't being paid by the school but paid for by boosters, at least 98% of it.

Uts not black & white when it comes to funds.

Comment

• Cory93
                          RT Legend
                          • Sep 2012

The money going into the school whether throwing RAF or unanimous donations or whatever else can be shielded. Such as things like Rrick Pitinos salary wasn't being paid by the school but paid for by boosters, at least 98% of it.

Uts not black & white when it comes to funds.
                          Hmmmmmm....not sure all of what you are saying is entirely true...not doubting the part about us having more money than is commonly perceived, but what i might be prone to dispute is the allusion that it can be "shielded" or hidden......UTSA is a public university and as such, i believe is ultimately subject to freedom of information laws, so in reality, if you, or I, or any one of us had the desire to do so and the time and acumen to decipher what we were ultimately given, I'm pretty sure we could submit a request and get access to all of their books. Now having said that....is it possible for them to do something "shady" and "hide" money...sure, I suppose so, but that would be pretty frickin risky to do....pretty sure they are subject to state and maybe even federal audit regulations (in fact, as an organization that receives federal grant dollars for research, i KNOW for a fact at least the academic side is subject to those laws because we are subject to the same ones here at my company) and so if they were doing anything underhanded in an attempt to shelter funds and that got discovered, not only would heads roll, but there could be jail time for people and major sanctions from the NCAA, the board of regents and possibly the federal government.

You bring up what happened at Louisville....that wasn't hidden...it's just that no one thought to look for it....as soon as the scandal broke, look how fast the information came out. they are a public university as well and so I'm sure the reporters involved submitted a freedom of info request pretty quickly to get their hands on all of that info.

Again, not disputing that there may be more money than we know, but much like noone apparently thought to submit a request to find out the funding sources of Pitino's fully salary allocation, we also aren't submitting those requests to find out all of the funding that is flowing into the university and specifically the AD.

Comment

• DarrellEW
                            RT VIP
                            • Sep 2011

Did they explain to you why they haven't yet broken ground on a new basketball arena, baseball field, or IPF if we have so much money coming in?
                            UTSA Class of '11 --- @DarrellEW --- @RowdyReport --- RowdyReport.com --- r/UTSARoadrunners

Comment

• P Casey
                              RIP
                              • Feb 2014

Cmon guys you're asking dumb questions. I'll let you have your opinions. Have either of you guys met with anyone from the university . Like Kathy Baxter or RAF Directors? Or Anyone for that matter? It seems like you guys are googling and just stating your opinions based off of what? I'm going by what I've been told and sit downs with relatively key figures in the university.

Comment

• P Casey
                                RIP
                                • Feb 2014

Let me know what you've heard from people that would actually have credible information.

Comment

Working...
                                X