• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UTSA Para 04
    Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

RowdyTalk lingo

I want to make sure new folks are able to "get into" RowdyTalk without too much difficulty figuring out some of our "lingo". Things that long time members know about from experience but new members might not understand.

If you can remember things that you had to figure out and think might help new members, please post here.

Below are some that I can think of off-hand. I'll add more as I think of them.

RT = RowdyTalk
    OP = Original Post (not original to RT but used sometimes)
    RT Pub = Semi-private area only accessible to members with at least 25 posts
    RRH = Rowdy's Roadhouse (Tailgate team lead by dmfdavid. Often times teams up with RT for tailgating)

We sometimes use shortened versions of some of our long time member's names:

IBD = I've Been Drinking
    Marine = UTSAMarineVet09
    Para = UTSA Paratrooper 2004
    RC = Rowdy's Castle
    BDGF = BigDGarciaFan
    Last edited by UTSA Para 04; 09-15-2017, 09:58 AM.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!
  • dmfdavid
    2021 Attendance Prediction Champ
    • Jul 2013

I'm sometimes referred to by my twitter handle or initials: RowdysRoadhouse or RRH
    Following 'Runners Athletics Blogging

Comment

• JagRunner
      RT VIP
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UTSA Paratrooper 2004 View Post
      I want to make sure new folks are able to "get into" RowdyTalk without too much difficulty figuring out some of our "lingo". Things that long time members know about from experience but new members might not understand.

If you can remember things that you had to figure out and think might help new members, please post here.

Below are some that I can think of off-hand. I'll add more as I think of them.

RT = RowdyTalk
      OP = Original Post (not original to RT but used sometimes)
      RT Pub = Semi-private area only accessible to members with at least 25 posts
      RRH = Rowdy's Roadhouse (Tailgate team lead by dmfdavid. Often times teams up with RT for tailgating)

We sometimes use shortened versions of some of our long time member's names:

IBD = I've Been Drinking
      Marine = UTSAMarineVet09
      Para = UTSA Paratrooper 2004
      RC = Rowdy's Castle
      BDGF = BigDGarciaFan
      I wonder if I'm the only one that says "Para" in spanish? lol

Comment

• LRP
        RT Legend
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by JagRunner View Post
        I wonder if I'm the only one that says "Para" in spanish? lol