• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quicksilverFA
    RowdyTalker
    • Sep 2014

#UTSA: Bo Davis alert. ?

Ex-Alabama assistant Bo Davis receives 2-year NCAA show-cause order, can't recruit off-campus until April 2019; current DL coach for UTSA.

What should we make of this alert that I got?
  • UTSA Para 04
    Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

Hmmm, not good but not super bad if he can coach his ass off.
    Run 'Em Roadrunners!
    Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• Volkmar
      RT Upper Echelon
      • Dec 2011

He'll either be let go, or he'll be with us a bit longer than some of us thought he might. lol

Yeah, that's not good news. Even if he can coach his ass off, I have to wonder how DL recruits might feel about playing for a guy who's not even allowed to recruit off campus for another two years. Something else to think about is how playing for him will be received by the parents of DL recruits. Just not a good situation, I think.
      01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

• quicksilverFA
        RowdyTalker
        • Sep 2014

UTSA, eh? I think I know who they are talking about. :P

Comment

• quicksilverFA
          RowdyTalker
          • Sep 2014

Here's the whole story: http://es.pn/2nN3hYg

Comment

• forerunner
            RT VIP
            • Sep 2011

Frank knew this when he made the hire, as Davis' investigation was already public knowledge and just the result was pending. That's the only way I can think of for us to get an NCAA championship-winning D line coach with our budget.

If you look back at his hiring thread, this was mentioned. Nothing to see here other than the specifics of the punishment.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
              RowdyTalker
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by forerunner View Post
              Frank knew this when he made the hire, as Davis' investigation was already public knowledge and just the result was pending. That's the only way I can think of for us to get an NCAA championship-winning D line coach with our budget.

If you look back at his hiring thread, this was mentioned. Nothing to see here other than the specifics of the punishment.
              He just got this ruling from the NCAA today dude.
              Maybe the investigation was ongoing, okay but the ruling is from today.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                RowdyTalker
                • Sep 2014

"strong to our commitment to Coach Davis and his family." - Hickey

Comment

• Irish Rowdy
                  RT VIP
                  • Apr 2012

This is not that bad. How else to do you think we got the Alabama DL coach to be our DL coach.

Comment

• quicksilverFA
                    RowdyTalker
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
                    Something else to think about is how playing for him will be received by the parents of DL recruits.
                    Could it be that the NCAA is trying to help him in having him stay out of the way for a while? Is that even possible? I mean we're talking about the NCAA here. LOL

Comment

• forerunner
                      RT VIP
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by quicksilverFA View Post
                      He just got this ruling from the NCAA today dude.
                      Maybe the investigation was ongoing, okay but the ruling is from today.
                      Read my post: "[...] and just the result was pending."

And then: "Nothing to see here other than the specifics of the punishment."

Go look up the old RowdyTalk thread - it says that this was pending in the very first post (as well as widely known elsewhere). I'm not trying to pick a fight.

Comment

• textodd
                        RT VIP
                        • Sep 2013

This is old news. We knew this when the hire was made. As Forerunner said, it's just the specifics of the punishment. Frank loves him, my UT (where he coached) friends close to the program have all said, to a man, that we got a steal and is a great guy. If I've seen anything from Frank Wilson is that he is the ultimate planner. I guarantee he planned for Davis not to be able to recruit off campus.
                        Win or go home. Nobody cares about moral victories in life or in sports.

Comment

• FD2004
                          RT Legend
                          • Oct 2015

This much ado about nothing. This scenario was prepared and while Coach Davis cannot go off campus and recruit, he can recruit on campus. It's already been suggested that may have been the plan all along.

The article referenced:

The link the the entire article: https://utsa.rivals.com/news/relatio...he-roadrunners
                          If you want to make yourself miserable, read the internet.

Comment

• UTSAMarineVet09
                            RT Legend
                            • Sep 2011

No big deal. More time for the other coaches to go out and recruit. He can tell one of the coaches about the players he wants to look at, that coach can bring those players to campus and Coach Davis does the rest. I am ok with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            :salute: -"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for this is my valley and that is my shadow." -United States Marine Bible

-Not as lean, not as a mean, but still a U.S. Marine

Comment

• LRP
                              RT Legend
                              • Oct 2013

Bo Davis was the D line coach for Alabama under Nick Saban. If you are a defensive lineman recruit, you know about the Alabama defensive line. There isn't a defensive lineman recruit in the country that will not appreciate the magnitude of his coaching pedigree.

Plus our head coach is a recruiting wizard. Recruiting will not be an issue.
                              Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X