• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonestar.utsa.edu
    RowdyTalker
    • Aug 2013

UTSA vs. Texas Tech

Does anyone know if this 3 game series this weekend is televised.....or on the radio?
  • lonestar.utsa.edu
    RowdyTalker
    • Aug 2013

It looks like its only available on TexasTech.TV

Comment

• Irish Rowdy
      RT VIP
      • Apr 2012

Big series this weekend

Comment

• UTSA Para 04
        Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

Where's all the Roadrunner baseball gurus? I need someone to enlighten me.
        Run 'Em Roadrunners!
        Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• aram450
          U Surrender and lose 100%
          • Aug 2012

I always liked Nolan. Have high hopes for him this year pitching!!!

Comment

• Volkmar
            RT Upper Echelon
            • Dec 2011

For anyone who may not know, we lost Friday's game 6-7, but won yesterday 3-2 by scoring 3 runs in the top of the 9th. Game 3 is today at 1pm. Texas Tech was #6 in the country coming into the series, and are 13-3 right now, their only other losses coming to SEC programs, Mississippi State and A&M.
            01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

• UTSA Para 04
              Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
              For anyone who may not know, we lost Friday's game 6-7, but won yesterday 3-2 by scoring 3 runs in the top of the 9th. Game 3 is today at 1pm. Texas Tech was #6 in the country coming into the series, and are 13-3 right now, their only other losses coming to SEC programs, Mississippi State and A&M.
              Cool. Thanks for the info.
              Run 'Em Roadrunners!
              Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• P Casey
                RIP
                • Feb 2014

I like winning.

Comment

• OldTimer
                  RT VIP
                  • Oct 2014

Decent weekend. One thing I noticed in the box scores; Tech didn't score in the last two innings of any of the games. Finishing seemed to be a huge problem, last year. Looking for a good season--lots of hitting.

Comment

• UTSA Para 04
                    Run 'Em!

• Nov 2011

Run 'Em Roadrunners!
                    Airborne, All The Way!

Comment

• UTSA Accounting '98
                      RowdyTalker
                      • Sep 2013

So here's what's funny about this weekend. My son is going to Texas Tech and tracks the baseball team religiously. The win on Saturday let him know that his old man's Alma Mater is nothing to mess with. But he told me that Sunday would be a different story and Tech would surely beat the crap out of UTSA................because it's Kids Day at the park and Tech will do it for the children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

We both had a good laugh.

Comment

• Roadrunner95
                        Run 'Em!
                        • Aug 2014

To my misfortune I was only able to stream the Friday and Sunday games. I am sad that I didn't get to see the win but Friday could have easily gone our way. We had a couple of poor base running errors on Friday by two different players that were costly. The sad part is these mistakes shouldn't happen with an experienced high school player let a lone a D1 College player and it may have cost us the series. On Sunday things seemed to be going fine and then two bad throws by the SS hurt us. I sure would like to see Pickering back at SS on days he won't pitch and at 2nd base when he does pitch. He is way too good of a fielder to be on 1st. The other thing that stood out to me is after the 2nd inning or so the hitters became really tentative at the plate. I am used to seeing them be aggressive and they just stopped being themselves. I'm not sure why but overall I think the team took big strides against Tech. Outside of Sunday the starting pitching looked good and the bullpen was strong.

Comment

• Roadrunner95
                          Run 'Em!
                          • Aug 2014

I am sure EVERYONE from Tech thought they would steamroll the Runners. I will be honest and admit I didn't expect the Saturday game to go our way. The series could have easily went to the Birds.

Originally posted by UTSA Accounting '98 View Post
                          So here's what's funny about this weekend. My son is going to Texas Tech and tracks the baseball team religiously. The win on Saturday let him know that his old man's Alma Mater is nothing to mess with. But he told me that Sunday would be a different story and Tech would surely beat the crap out of UTSA................because it's Kids Day at the park and Tech will do it for the children. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

We both had a good laugh.

Comment

Working...
                          X