X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Runner
    RowdyTalker
    • Aug 2012

The entire team has given up. Not much character or just plain lack of talent?

Comment

• Volkmar
      RT Upper Echelon
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by El Runner View Post
      The entire team has given up. Not much character or just plain lack of talent?
      It does seem that way. :(
      01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

• LRP
        RT Legend
        • Oct 2013

Yeah, they are playing way below their capability. That is the hallmark of a team that decided to mail it in for the rest of the season.
        Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• P Casey
          RIP
          • Feb 2014

So much for a new stadium

Comment

• Volkmar
            RT Upper Echelon
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by P Casey View Post
            So much for a new stadium
            I don't think that's incumbent upon how our team did this year. If L.H. was serious about upgrading our stadium, it's gonna happen regardless. I just hope it happens sooner than later. I wonder if it's too much to hope for us to have it ready for next season (lol). We all just want our school to have decent facilities, but these waiting games are taxing.

Our D1 baseball program has basically been playing in a high school facility for 23 years now. That's unacceptable. I know our Convo is bad also, and we've had basketball for much longer, but I think it's fair to say that facility-wise, the Bird Bath is easily the biggest embarrassment on our campus. Some of you younger guys may not know this, but it took us 13 years just to get lights on our field.

Comment

• Volkmar
              RT Upper Echelon
              • Dec 2011

I'll say this though... If the cost of upgrading our baseball field is part of the reason for us deciding to take competition away from our cheerleading squad, even as much as I appreciate and support our cheerleaders, I've gotta go with the Bird Bath. Just a shame we'd have to eliminate something we're so successful at.

Comment

• textodd
                RT VIP
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Volkmar View Post
                ...it took us 13 years just to get lights on our field.
                Can we turn them off now?
                Win or go home. Nobody cares about moral victories in life or in sports.

Comment

• P Casey
                  RIP
                  • Feb 2014

I don't think that's incumbent upon how our team did this year. If L.H. was serious about upgrading our stadium, it's gonna happen regardless. I just hope it happens sooner than later. I wonder if it's too much to hope for us to have it ready for next season (lol). We all just want our school to have decent facilities, but these waiting games are taxing.

Our D1 baseball program has basically been playing in a high school facility for 23 years now. That's unacceptable. I know our Convo is bad also, and we've had basketball for much longer, but I think it's fair to say that facility-wise, the Bird Bath is easily the biggest embarrassment on our campus. Some of you younger guys may not know this, but it took us 13 years just to get lights on our field.

True.

Comment

• OldTimer
                    RT VIP
                    • Oct 2014

It took the Chicago Cubs 62 years to get lights at Wrigley Field!

Comment

• Volkmar
                      RT Upper Echelon
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by OldTimer View Post

It took the Chicago Cubs 62 years to get lights at Wrigley Field!
                      That's because many rejected the idea and wanted Wrigley Field to keep its tradition of day games going though. They were originally gonna install lights in 1942, but after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the owner donated the materials intended for lighting the field toward the war effort. With us, I think it was mainly a cost-saving measure. Everything about the Bird Bath is a cost-saving measure... It's like we purchased the stadium in bits and pieces at a baseball flea market.

Btw, the first night game at Wrigley was actually in 1943, and it was a women's professional league game. The lights weren't permanent fixtures though. And on a side note, Wrigley Field wasn't actually built for the Chicago Cubs either. It was built for the Chicago Whales of the long-defunct Federal League.

Comment

Working...
                      X