• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ive_BeenDrinking
    RT VIP
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Nes View Post
    I should prally put in the fridge soon then.
    I don't believe any amount of fridge time will make Bud Light taste good. I suppose I'm a bit of a beer snob but I can't stand bud, miller, naty, or michelob anymore. Except maybe michelob fortune.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Comment

• Nes
      Roadrunner
      • Jul 2013

I don't get why some folks don't like budlight. Beer is suppose to taste like beer..not like apples or honey or oranges. Oh well. To each his own. Go Runners!!!
      UT...SA !!!

Comment

• Ive_BeenDrinking
        RT VIP
        • Sep 2011

Budlight just doesn't have enough beer flavor for me anymore. I used to crave a cold mug with cold bud light in it at the end of a hard day, but not anymore. Freetail Rye Wit, Witicus, fireman 4, and Sam Adams summer brew are my Summer survival beers now a days. Just my take.
        I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Comment

• LRP
          RT Legend
          • Oct 2013

I don't get why some folks don't like budlight. Beer is suppose to taste like beer..not like apples or honey or oranges. Oh well. To each his own. Go Runners!!!
          Bud light isn't even a beer in the traditional sense. It's light lager which was a brew made up by the macro breweries to market it's product to women. It doesn't stick to the traditional ingredients that beer normally contains, like malted barley, hops, and yeast but instead it uses additives to replace the traditional malting process in order to produce a lighter less beer tasting drink that women prefer.

Bud light does not taste like what beer is supposed to taste like. That's like thinking Wienerschnitzel is what German food is supposed to taste like.
          Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• roadrunnerconnor
            RT VIP
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by LRP View Post
            Bud light isn't even a beer in the traditional sense. It's light lager which was a brew made up by the macro breweries to market it's product to women. It doesn't stick to the traditional ingredients that beer normally contains, like malted barley, hops, and yeast but instead it uses additives to replace the traditional malting process in order to produce a lighter less beer tasting drink that women prefer.

Bud light does not taste like what beer is supposed to taste like. That's like thinking Wienerschnitzel is what German food is supposed to taste like.
            As a 6 year resident in Germany, I can assure you of the following. Bud Light tastes NOTHING like a true lager is supposed to. That is all.

Comment

• Nes
              Roadrunner
              • Jul 2013

This isn't Germany. This is Texas. #TeamBudlight
              UT...SA !!!

Comment

• LRP
                RT Legend
                • Oct 2013

This isn't Germany. This is Texas. #TeamBudlight
                That's not even an American owned company. At least join TeamShiner since it's a Texas brewery and San Antonio owned. Plus the beer is better than anything Bud produces.
                Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• Mac290
                  RT VIP 6K
                  • Sep 2011

I'm no beer snob, but I have heard that the major American brewers have gone to using more and more rice in their product. It's cheaper and cuts down on the 'bitter' flavor of barley and hops (aka, what beer should taste like). So you can't even call Bud/Miller beer any more...it's another concoction entirely.
                  Flag on the play.

Comment

• Trinidadbp
                    RowdyTalker
                    • Jan 2012

Alright, so I FINALLY listened to part 2 of the podcast this week, only to just now realize that I was called out for my tailgate set up! That's what I get for not staying up on things.

In my defense, June 7 was the beginning of all the vacations we took this summer, and I couldn't get to the second one for a while, and the mailman skipped our house so I didn't get the bill, and the dog ate my homework, and the man was already dead when I got there . . . . . .

I will definitely make sure I give a full update before the next podcast goes out.

And will listen to it on time.

Comment

Working...
                    X