• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tuck
    Birds Up!
    • Nov 2013

Future campus construction

It appears that UTSA main campus will be preparing for some future construction of a parking garage and a new ISE Building. When this happens; I don't know, but I would think Romo would want to get this going soon. From the articles it seems the funding is in place for the ISE building (which is around the size of the newest Paseo admin building) and the garage (comparable to the last garage built / funding unknown / planning phase). Here are the links to the articles.

I do not believe that any of this money is from the capital campaign which has almost capped out. If anyone has heard differently please correct me.

-Runner in Atlanta
    Representing the Runners in Atlanta
  • Irish Rowdy
    RT VIP
    • Apr 2012

i heard about the new Instructional Science and Engineering, but didn't know about the new parking garage. Where on campus will these be built?

Comment

• Irish Rowdy
      RT VIP
      • Apr 2012

now that i think about it. I bet it goes at the bottom of the hill where the secondary shuttle spot is. near the existing Engineering buildings. There is a big paystall parking lot there. A building and a parking garage would fit in perfect on top of that parking lot.

Comment

• Tuck
        Birds Up!
        • Nov 2013

I'm figuring that if they are planning on a garage they are going to take away surface parking from that huge lot. Maybe they will start puting together the quad that is seen in the master plan photos.

Comment

• Rowdy's Castle
          RT VIP
          • Aug 2013

Tuck, thanks for the info. Do you know if the money raised from the capital campaign will count towards our endowment? Or, is it already earmarked for campus facility upgrades?

On another note, I just spent a week in midtown ATL for a conference at Georgia Tech. I really enjoyed the area and look forward to going back there again.

Comment

• Tuck
            Birds Up!
            • Nov 2013

Here's the link to the capital campaign. In addition they have a link now where you can donate to athletic facilities (finally). It provides the breakdown of what this capital will go to. If this isn't new info..my bad, just sharing the updated site.

...and anytime your back in Atlanta, and this is for any Runner, hit me up on Rowdytalk and we will go get beers. I'm always down for beers with fellow Runners.

Comment

• El Runner
              RowdyTalker
              • Aug 2012

The legislature passed the tuition revenue bonds that will give UTSA $70 million to construct the ISE building. I think though that it is going to cost much more since they also want to repurpose the old science building.

Comment

• Tuck
                Birds Up!
                • Nov 2013

Facilities planning finally updated their web page. The new engineering building has been added. Pretty generic, but it appears the building will be located in front of the parking garage by the Convo.

Comment

• Irish Rowdy
                  RT VIP
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                  Facilities planning finally updated their web page. The new engineering building has been added. Pretty generic, but it appears the building will be located in front of the parking garage by the Convo.

http://epm.missinglink.us.com/Portal...heet%20SEB.pdf
                  Maybe on top of where the staff parking lot is now.

Comment

• forerunner
                    RT VIP
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Irish Rowdy View Post
                    Maybe on top of where the staff parking lot is now.
                    Yes.

And a couple notes... it should be roughly the same size as the NPB (about 35-36 thousand GSF per floor), except one floor shorter. And judging by the cost per square foot, it'll be one of the nicest buildings we have so far.

Comment

• Nes
                      Roadrunner
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Irish Rowdy View Post
                      now that i think about it. I bet it goes at the bottom of the hill where the secondary shuttle spot is. near the existing Engineering buildings. There is a big paystall parking lot there. A building and a parking garage would fit in perfect on top of that parking lot.
                      I don't think they want to build there for some reason. Maybe aquifer related??
                      UT...SA !!!

Comment

• Tuck
                        Birds Up!
                        • Nov 2013

Found some renderings of the new Engineering building. This was straight from Alamo Architects site.

The new Engineering & Science Building for University of Texas at San Antonio is a collaborative effort of Alamo Architects and TreanorHL It will be the first building in a new Quadrangle identified on the University’s Master Plan. This facility…

Comment

• Tuck
                          Birds Up!
                          • Nov 2013

New memorial being built. I don't know why they don't fund raise more for things like this.

The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) community has rallied together to raise funds for the Roadrunner Memorial Garden, a designated area on campus where students, alumni, faculty and staff will soon be able to visit and remember those who have passed away.

Comment

• forerunner
                            RT VIP
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                            New memorial being built. I don't know why they don't fund raise more for things like this.

https://www.utsa.edu/today/2016/12/memorialgarden.html
                            Yeah but when they fundraised for it, they showed an (admittedly nice) video of talking heads with next to no details on the project itself.

I encouraged them to put up a render, specs, details, anything... but by the time they got those details, several weeks has passed and the campaign was over. Glad it got funded anyway, but that was mismanaged imo. Could have had more.

Comment

• Tuck
                              Birds Up!
                              • Nov 2013

Update on the future Engineering Building and new Structural Testing Facility.

The new Engineering & Science Building for University of Texas at San Antonio is a collaborative effort of Alamo Architects and TreanorHL It will be the first building in a new Quadrangle identified on the University’s Master Plan. This facility…

Comment

Working...
                              X