• JasonUTSA1999
    RT VIP
    • Oct 2011

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• El Runner
      RowdyTalker
      • Aug 2012

According to IRS, a spot has opened up as another player, who has yet to be named until confirmed, has left the team. So another scholarship has opened up for BT to bring in another 6'4" combo guard.

Comment

• tbird728
        Roadrunner
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by El Runner View Post
        According to IRS, a spot has opened up as another player, who has yet to be named until confirmed, has left the team. So another scholarship has opened up for BT to bring in another 6'4" combo guard.

Exactly, I heard that he's trying to get the top under-19 6'4" shooting guard from Sweden now. Let's keep our fingers crossed we can get him.

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
          Birds Up!
          • Sep 2013

You're welcome. I'm also about to post a late breaking recruiting report.

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
            Birds Up!
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by tbird728 View Post
            Exactly, I heard that he's trying to get the top under-19 6'4" shooting guard from Sweden now. Let's keep our fingers crossed we can get him.
            Actually, the staff is not necessarily pursuing another guard. They just made an offer today to 6'8" Garrett Thibodeaux. He is about 225 lbs, and originally committed to Air Force. But last night, the Academy officially released him from his letter of intent. Early today UTSA made him an offer, but so did Loyola of Md & Drexel Thibodeaux is originally from Tyler TX, so hopefully he'll want to play close to home. Lord knows, we need another post player.

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
              Birds Up!
              • Sep 2013

It's worth mentioning that the two JC players, who months ago were reported as committed, are not appearing on the web site's roster.

Comment

• JaviUTSA
                Birds Up!
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by SANCAAfan View Post
                It's worth mentioning that the two JC players, who months ago were reported as committed, are not appearing on the web site's roster.
                They're both on campus.
                Publisher
                Twitter: @RivalsJavi | @UTSARivals
                Facebook: BirdsUp.com
                Instagram: @UTSARivals
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

• tbird728
                  Roadrunner
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SANCAAfan View Post
                  Actually, the staff is not necessarily pursuing another guard. They just made an offer today to 6'8" Garrett Thibodeaux. He is about 225 lbs, and originally committed to Air Force. But last night, the Academy officially released him from his letter of intent. Early today UTSA made him an offer, but so did Loyola of Md & Drexel Thibodeaux is originally from Tyler TX, so hopefully he'll want to play close to home. Lord knows, we need another post player.
                  Wow, this happened quickly. We finally got the big man we desperately needed this signing class.

I am proud to say I have officially committed to play basketball at The University of Texas at San Antiono! #UTSA19

• RETWEETS42
                  • FAVORITES84

7:04 PM - 3 Jul 2015

Tyler, TX

Comment

• Volkmar
                    RT Upper Echelon
                    • Dec 2011

Great news to hear! Seems like a quality kid if the Air Force Academy offered him.

The most complete information about Tyler, TX's basketball player, Garrett Thibodeaux, Small Forward (2015) - including bio, recruiting, news and videos.

STRENGTHS

3pt Shooting
                    Defensive Rebounding
                    High Motor
                    Low Post Footwork
                    Low Post Moves

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Lateral Quickness
                    Mid-Range Shooting
                    On-Ball Defense
                    Shot Blocking
                    Speed
                    Upper Body Strength

01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
                      Birds Up!
                      • Sep 2013

Wow, this is fantastic news! What a difference that one week makes. We signed the Turkish kid & Thibodeaux within just a few days of each other. Before last Saturday, it looked like we had a lackluster recruiting class. Now, it appears that we have a solid class, with two players that are 6'8", and four of whom are freshmen! Call me crazy, but now I'm very excited to see this group on the floor. I hope that UTSA hosts another meet-n-greet for season ticket holders for the upcoming season.

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
                        Birds Up!
                        • Sep 2013

Signing this recruiting class accomplishes several important achievements. With Omer Aksu, we have a skilled guard who can play point guard for four years. I have nothing against Gino, but Omer played for a U19 national team. With the company that Omer kept as teammates, and the experience that he got in international play, I think that it's safe to say that his skills are stronger than Gino's. In addition, Gino is really too small to be effective at this level (5'11, 150lbs). Aksu has really good size for a PG (6'3", 195), and also plays shooting guard.

The staff also filled a huge need for depth at the post with the addition of A.J. Cockrell, and especially, Thibodeaux. Each will need to add 15 to 25 lbs, but I think that they can both add the weight in their first two years. I'm confident that both will see playing time as freshmen. I'm not sure why Thibodeaux asked for a release from his letter with the AFA, but I can't rant enough about how happy I am to see that their loss was our gain. From what I've seen on the kid, he looks like he's ready to play at the mid-major level right now.

This is the type of class that UTSA needs to sign every year. We should be to the point, very soon, where we don't sign any junior college players.

I would like to see the following line up for the first game in Nov (assuming that each has proven themselves):
                        C - Lucas O.
                        F - Garrett T.
                        F - P. Jones
                        G - T. Bowie
                        G - C. Wilson

Comment

• JasonUTSA1999
                          RT VIP
                          • Oct 2011

So who left the team?

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
                            Birds Up!
                            • Sep 2013

I don't yet know if someone has left the team, or if one of the J.C. players will not be on the team. As soon as I know something though, I will post it.

Comment

• SANCAAloyalfan
                              Birds Up!
                              • Sep 2013

It is not a JC player that has not come aboard; George Matthews has left the team. This coincides with the rumors from the late spring that he would leave the team. I have no word about to where he went, or if he is still going to continue to play ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X