Future construction on the 1604 campus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runner-man
    Roadrunner
    • Aug 2013

Future construction on the 1604 campus...

I've reviewed the projects they have planned for the Main Campus for the years to come. The one that really stands out to me is the plan to raze the huge parking lots in front of the Convocation, so they can construct new buildings, complete with a bell tower and a quad walkway. Essentially replacing gulfs of asphalt with green lawns, and quad walkpaths. The artwork for it is amazing. I wonder how soon they're going to do that. That will be a major facelift for the 1604 campus.

Anyone have an idea on when the powers that be are firing up the equipment to knock out that project?
    A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.
  • Tuck
    Birds Up!
    • Nov 2013

I hope that happens soon. I think it was suppose to be in the first phase, but money and other buildings of priority have delayed it. I could be wrong. Those buildings would be the new image of UTSA.
    Representing the Runners in Atlanta

Comment

• LRP
      RT Legend
      • Oct 2013

I will always associate UTSA with miles and miles of concrete and asphalt. It will forever remain a concrete jungle in my heart.
      Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• PB3
        Run'Em!
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LRP View Post
        I will always associate UTSA with miles and miles of concrete and asphalt. It will forever remain a concrete jungle in my heart.
        Yes!

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk
        "Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world to do, I know becasue I've done it thousands of times!" -Mark Twain

Comment

• forerunner
          RT VIP
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by runner-man View Post
          I've reviewed the projects they have planned for the Main Campus for the years to come. The one that really stands out to me is the plan to raze the huge parking lots in front of the Convocation, so they can construct new buildings, complete with a bell tower and a quad walkway. Essentially replacing gulfs of asphalt with green lawns, and quad walkpaths. The artwork for it is amazing. I wonder how soon they're going to do that. That will be a major facelift for the 1604 campus.

Anyone have an idea on when the powers that be are firing up the equipment to knock out that project?
          The first building for the new quad (top right building) should break ground in 5 years or so, pending state legislature funding. The whole quad (all five buildings) will be finished or very close to finished in ~30 years.

Source: firsthand discussion with the university architect.

Comment

• LRP
            RT Legend
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by forerunner View Post
            The first building for the new quad (top right building) should break ground in 5 years or so, pending state legislature funding. The whole quad (all five buildings) will be finished or very close to finished in ~30 years.

Well, my future grandchildren might enjoy the new look.
            Oh no! We suck again!

Comment

• forerunner
              RT VIP
              • Sep 2011

Haha I know, right. But plenty of other new buildings will be going up in the meantime. It's just that the ones in the quad are large and costly.

Comment

• Tuck
                Birds Up!
                • Nov 2013

The UTSA facilities page provides this info, but they aren't always current. Sometimes sending stern emails to them for updates gets them to upload slide shows and projects.
                Representing the Runners in Atlanta

Comment

• forerunner
                  RT VIP
                  • Sep 2011

Tuck, please send them one for us... I've been waiting for updates but I am too lazy to send my own email.

Comment

• JagRunner
                    RT VIP
                    • Sep 2011

I should still be alive at like 61 when it's all said and done :D

Comment

• Volkmar
                      RT Upper Echelon
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by forerunner View Post

Man, I'll be in my mid 70's when that small section of campus is finally complete then...lol. I need for a vampire to turn me so that I can live indefinitely and see UTSA blossom.
                      01010101 00101110 01010100 00101110 01010011 00101110 01000001 00101110

Comment

Working...
                      X