• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexasFootball89
    Roadrunner
    • Sep 2012

Commit #9 Our top prospect for QB!

Inside Runner Sports has confirmed Austin Robinson as our 9th commit for 2013, at 6'4 215 it says he has a cannon for an arm as well has a good running ability. Looks like a great commit and he chose UTSA over his other offers from TCU, TT, Rice, and Standford.
    Peck'em Runners !!
    sigpic
  • CAL
    Grammar Nazi
    • Sep 2011

Commit #9 Our top prospect for QB!

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Digi
      Run'Em
      • Sep 2011

Another QB! Well like I mentioned earlier I think the guy who can throw down the field accurately should be the next QB. Conque, Carter or Robinson
      RUN'EM

Comment

• ¯\(ツ)/¯
        RowdyTalker
        • Sep 2012

I havent read that he had any other offers but from what I found he did have alot of interest from Oregon and TCU it seems. He also had bigger schools like Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston, Rice, A&M and Oklahoma taking a look at him. Dont know anything about the guy but the interest he garnered speaks for itself imo. I cant reall a prospect that garnered this type of interest that we were able to bring in (what schools were interested in Polite?). Its nice to win a recruiting battle against these bigger teams, hopefully it starts becoming a regular thing.

Comment

• CAL
          Grammar Nazi
          • Sep 2011

Rivals has him as a 3 star FWIW...

Comment

• BIRD=WORD
            Birds Up!
            • Jan 2012

Sounds like a very good pick up if he stays by his commitment. Imagine when all of the sophomores now are freshman and maybe he's playing well as a sophomore or RS freshman. UTSA could be a force on offense...

However, there's something that makes him a 3-star, and not a blue chip..
            "Whether You Think You Can or You Can't...You're Probably Right"

Comment

• DLRoze83
              Keep Calm and Runner On!
              • Jul 2012

See if he sticks with it. I gaurantee if a big school (AQ) comes a knockin he'll be a walkin!

but hopefully not. This is exactly what we need. Huge step up in recruiting!
              - Go, Roadrunners, Go!

Comment

• forerunner
                RT VIP
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DLRoze83 View Post
                See if he sticks with it. I gaurantee if a big school (AQ) comes a knockin he'll be a walkin!

but hopefully not. This is exactly what we need. Huge step up in recruiting!
                I'm not convinced of that... I know that's the usual scenario, but there are other factors here. UTSA was Robinson's first offer (first offer always stays close to your heart), he says he's a solid commit and has ended his recruiting, and he wants to come in and compete. All good signs for UTSA. I could be wrong, but I bet we'll see him in the blue & orange on National Signing Day.

Comment

• ¯\(ツ)/¯
                  RowdyTalker
                  • Sep 2012

He said he felt not just wanted but needed at UTSA or something along the lines of that. Maybe playing time is a big deal to him and he knows he's more likely to get it here than at other bigger schools...but there always is the possibility that he could be bluffing to pressure bigger schools into offering him so well just have to wait until the ink is dry.

Comment

• Digi
                    Run'Em
                    • Sep 2011

I'm worried about him bouncing too. It will be crowded at QB next year with Soza, Carter, Polite and Conque (who was also a 3 Star on some ranking sites) comes off his red shirt year. I'm almost 100% positive Robinson would be redshirted if he indeed signs with UTSA
                    RUN'EM

Comment

• DLRoze83
                      Keep Calm and Runner On!
                      • Jul 2012

I'm a huge recruitnik...just because it's his first offer doesnt mean much. The dynamics of recruiting have changed so much in the last 3-5 years. Talent like his who may be over looked tend to initially commit to the small schools. Once they blow up you will usually see a change. Tell me, would you rather play at a Stanford or UTSA (take of the Orange/Blue googles). If he continues to have a great season and these teams continue to show interest or even offer, it will be difficult to keep him. especially if some of the interested teams offer.

Plus, we have a log jam at QB. A QB every recruiting cycle is good to have, due to attrition and injury. But we have a lot of QB's. There is a lot of playing time available in 3 years, but he would be a JR or SR by then.

rSR-Souza
                      rJR- Carter
                      rJR - Simmons
                      rSO- Polite
                      rFR- Conque

Lots of recruits say they feel wanted and needed. A lot tend to play the game. I hope he sticks, but with recruiting ANYTHING can happen. I am not saying he won't stick with us, but if big time programs start offering schollies for him, it will be tough.
                      - Go, Roadrunners, Go!

Comment

• Runner25
                        RowdyTalker
                        • Oct 2011

Yup. My thoughts as well
                        “No, we’ll go 99” - Larry Coker

Comment

• forerunner
                          RT VIP
                          • Sep 2011

We are not recruiting another QB in his class. I really don't see the issue... one QB per year is standard.

And for God's sake DLRoze, it's Soza. Sorry haha, I have seen you post that a million times and no one bothers to correct it, so I guess I'll be that guy.

Comment

• DLRoze83
                            Keep Calm and Runner On!
                            • Jul 2012

You know, I've never noticed that I have been spelling it with a U all this time. Haha must be spell check or I'm just an idiot hahaha! (I'll got with the latter) Thanks for the correction and good eye. I'll make sure to spell it correctly lol.

Now, yes we are only recruiting one QB for this cycle and we received a commitment. But we are always scouting and have back up plans. Remember, these are 17 & 18 year olds. They have a change of heart very quickly.

I will continue to say, if he blows up and gets big time committable offers (you know there is differences in scholarship offers right?) then the chances of him leaveing increase exponentially. I personally feel he stays, but it's recruiting and like I said ANYTHING can happen.
                            - Go, Roadrunners, Go!

Comment

• ¯\(ツ)/¯
                              RowdyTalker
                              • Sep 2012

Do you guys think he's our best recruit to date? Would yall consider him the first guy we managed to snag away from big name schools?

Comment

Working...
                              X